Chapter Ten

"Okay, let's play hide and seek!"

  "You can be the seeker!" A child pointed to another child.

  "Aww! Fine!" The child faced backward and began to count.

"One.."

  "Two.."

Three children all ran in the same direction, leaving a brunette girl behind.

"Guys wai-" she cut herself off as she realized the seeker could hear her. She looked around, only to see no opportune places to hide other than in an obvious corner.

"Fourteen.."

"Fifteen.."

She had no choice. She turned around to face the windows and the door, looking at the pouring rain outside as she opened the door as quickly and quietly as she could. Then she heard it click. She decided to stay quiet as the seeker looked for her and her friends. The girl watched in shock as the seeker found everyone, except her, and decided to go on with their game. She banged on the door as she tried to open it.

"Let me in! It's cold, dark, and wet!" she yelled. But there was no response as her cries echoed through the air. She was now sobbing, not knowing where her father was or really where anything was.

One child looked up to see the brunette but quickly looked away.

"Please let me back in! I don't have to play if you guys don't want me to!"

Nope, nothing.

The sound of a car driving up behind her seemed to intensify, but she barely noticed due to the rain. Then she heard her name, whispered in a deep, yet loud voice.

"Charlotte--"

She turned around to look at the purple car then at the man. She continued crying but was now confused. Right as she was about to speak, she felt a piercing pain through her stomach as her eyes widened. A scream escaped her as she tried to fight back from the man.

She fell to the ground, sobbing and screaming as loud as she could, as the children inside payed no attention to her at all. She kept screaming in pain and fear as she could feel her throat being pierced. She was covered in blood and her insides were visible. She couldn't speak. She couldn't scream. She knew that this man was evil.

But why didn't I run away?

She knew it. She was going to die. She looked up at the monstrous, purple eyes and let one more ear piercing scream as she felt another horrible pain in her throat and she couldn't open her mouth or breathe. She could feel herself getting numb as she tried to keep conciousness.

I hate you.

I hope you die.

She thought as the man chuckled.

"Kill-son-ki-daught-"

was all Charlotte could hear as her body gave up as she fell unconscious.