Long Live the King

10:30 am
London England
Buckingham Palace

Charles POV: It was a regular day. I know what you're thinking. "A royal having a normal day? Please." Well after being heir for 6 decades, it becomes normal. My mum, Her Majesty The Queen, usually bugs me, saying "We have to meet The Canadian Prime Minister at noon." Ever since my Father, Prince Philip passed in 2016, she's relied on me, to be the man. Though my father never considered me a man. "Be more like your sister! Be a real man." I wished he were alive so I could order his execution! But my mother was always the one who comforted me. The only problem is she tried to outlive me. Imagine that, a mother trying to outlive her own son! She wanted my Son, William to be King. And so does the rest of Britain. But I waited 60 years, for the phone call I received today. "London Bridge has fallen!" Finally... The Queen is dead. Long live the King! That's me. Queen Camilla and I are on our way to the Palace. My youngest son Prince Harry is taking it the hardest. He was always the Queen's favorite. Don't worry, he has Meghan to take care of him. As I arrive I am greeted by Prime Minister May. She kisses my hand, bows, and says, "Your Majesty." At last, the words I wanted to her for so long. I give her the go ahead to tell the Press of my mother's death. As Camilla and I walk through the door, William kisses my cheek, and bows. Kate Kisses my cheek as well, and curtsies. Tears in both of their eyes. Harry bows, and Meghan the same. As I leave to see my vulnerable mother, it finally hits me. The woman I loved my entire life is up here. I break down as soon as I see her. I'm losing my mum, and it hurts so much. After hours up in the room. I finally head down stairs and the radio blast. "This is London. The Queen passes in her sleep, and now Charles is the New King." They cut to May's speech. I can't help but smile when she says, "Long Live The King. God Save The King." I hear Harry sobbing, and Will Joins. I look at Camilla, and she shares my joy. She whispers to me, "We will be rulers like no others." I get up to console my boys, and I soon am greeted by my new Private Secretary. "Your Majesty, what will your name be?" He asked. I think about it. Should it be George VII? Before I can answer Camilla says, "Charles! His name will be Charles!" I look in shock, but I turn to agree. "Then long live King Charles." He says. We go outside to address the public. I give a sensational speech. We then move back inside where I must plan my mother's funeral, and my Coronation. I receive calls from Other Monarchs, family members, Leaders of the Commonwealth, and Presidents of Countries. Even former World leaders. The most surprising was Vladimir Putin. I could hear his voice trembling. "My God." I say to myself. But I say my thanks, and continue planning. The next few weeks will be very interesting. As I walk outside I hear singing. "God save our gracious King. Long live our noble King. God Save The King." I can't help but let a tear stroll down my cheek. Camilla takes my hand. God Save The King indeed.