Lacuna

Kirishima walked into your shared apartment and was met with a scene he did not expect. The entryway was a mess, shoes scattered everywhere with their matches nowhere in sight, the welcome mat rolled up against the wall like a fallen tapestry, there were dents and even a few holes in the walls where it seemed shoes were thrown and there was mud everywhere.

Kirishima rushes in, not bothering to take off his shoes, and is met with a mess of a living area. Could it even be called that? No, it looked more like a war zone. The coffee table’s wooden frame was against the wall, more than one of the legs torn off and the glass center shattered. The love seat was standing vertically, the cushions missing and the fabric tattered. The tv was split in half, DVD player and gaming consoles nowhere to be seen. The tv stand was in splinters on the floor and the smashed remnants of coffee mugs and coasters were everywhere. Some of the floorboards were pulled up, nails sticking out haphazardly. Down the adjacent hall, the couch cushions could be seen in unruly shreds with stuffing everywhere.

Kirishima carefully maneuvers through the area to the dining room. The table was smashed and there were would chips everywhere.

Moving on, Kirishima looked through the door to the kitchen and saw glass shards everywhere. The oven door was torn off, along with many of the cabinet doors. The sink was fully removed and there was water leaking from the broken pipes.

Kirishima hesitantly made his way to the hall, where he heard sobs coming from the bathroom. Ignoring his and your room, he made his way to the source of the sobs where he saw you in the corner, surrounded by broken appliances, glass shards, and a burst shampoo bottle.

You were hugging your knees with your head down, but looked up when you felt someone's gaze on you. “(Y/n)...” Kirishima mumbled. Your once soft and glossy (h/c) hair was matted and greasy, like you hadn't washed it in weeks. Your previously bright (e/c) eyes that shone with love, and joy, and life were now dull and blood-shot. Your eyelids were puffy and the were dark purple bags underneath them. Your face was extremely pale, accentuating your sunken cheeks. Your clothes were damp and spoiled with you tears and what looked like blood. “Eijirou…?” you whispered, your voice hoarse and cracking.

It took you a few moments to register the presence on front of you was, indeed, your beloved, but when you did “Eijirou!” you exclaimed. You lept up and ran to hug him, your thin, bony body on display for him. You embraced him fully and he hugged you back, his strong arms enveloping your fragile frame like you were a delicate ceramic doll. Your body was wracked with sobs and your warm tears dripped down his back like a waterfall.

“It's okay, I'm here. I'm okay.” red-haired hero said softly.

“I though-ought you were dead!” you cried out.

“It's okay love, I'm here. I'm alive.”

“It seemed so real!” you shouted, “I-I saw you, Eiji! The villain, he-he hit you into the wall! You didn't have time to harden yourself!” you wailed “How can you be alive?”  you questioned, pulling back to look into Kirishima’s eyes. He cups your cheek and leans forward, resting his forehead on yours. “You already know the answer.” He said. Your eyes widened in realization as he started to fade. “No! No come back!” you shouted

“I'm sorry.”

“Please!”

“You have to let me go. I'm sorry. I love you.”

“No!” your cried, falling onto your knees. It was just an illusion, a trick of the mind. He was gone and he wasn't coming back. “Why did you have to leave me alone?” you mumbled, curling into yourself. Perhaps you had always been alone.