Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Betrayal?

-A few hours later-
I woke up, feeling dizzy. The events of yesterday immediately hit me but was forced away when I saw Jungkook doing some pushups. I tied my hair into a ponytail and watched him doing his workout. He was very strong and determined to finish what he started. After a few minutes of doing different exercises, he was done.
"Why now?" I asked him.
"It never hurts to do some extra exercising, it's just better for the future" he said and wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel he found in a bag.
"Explain everything now" I demanded and he started telling me.
"I don't know a lot, all I discovered is that they're keeping all of the members in those tiny boxes, we are the only ones that were set free. I think they're testing us, like some sort of experiment, like as if this is all some sort of game that we're in" he started.
"How do you know?" I asked him.
"They set me free but unlike you, I followed the man and escaped when he was entering the elevator, they've been searching ever since and I've been moving around everywhere since then. As I've been walking around, I saw a room with a bunch of screens, they were watching over us all when we were in those boxes. Dominus is testing us, he must test our different points like weaknesses and strengths" he finished.
"What type of points?" I asked.
"I'm not sure but I think they tried to find our weakest points. Mine were failure. I was put in a room where they attached some cables that made me fight enemies, like some sort of game. Every time I won, I saw my mom smiling. Every time I lost, they hurt her and she was screaming that I was a failure" he said and looked down at his hands, disappointed at himself. I felt horrible for him, he didn't deserve this, none of us did.
"I think I know my point. It's mental, it's about hurting my dear ones, making me suffer as they are in pain. Making me see my parents die, making me blame myself and physically drain myself. They know that it's my emotions" I said, looking at the wall behind Jungkook.
"What did they do?" He was almost scared of asking the question.
"They made me listen to Taehyung being tortured until he was transformed. He was in severe pain, I know it. They made me think of you and everyone else, blaming myself. They played me and made me think that I lost everything" I said and let a tear run down from my left eye. I quickly wiped it away and stood up from the floor and fixed my clothes, getting ready to leave.
"I'm sorry" he said and hugged me. I was in shock.
"Jungkook, you haven't done anything, it's not your fault. Don't worry, we're gonna find a way out if this hell. I promise you"
"I'm so sorry" he said again and cried in my shoulder. What was he so sorry for?
"Jungkook, what are you talking about?" I asked. He didn't need to answer, I felt the needle in my spine. He betrayed me. He betrayed us.
"Please forgive me Y/N, they told me they would kill you if I didn't do this! They promised me that they wouldn't hurt you. I'm sorry please understand" he cried and laid me down on the floor. I was losing my sense and slowly fell asleep. The last thing I saw was Jungkook being pulled out by two men and the nurses coming for me.

-Hours later-
I woke up in a bed and had the worst headache ever. I saw cables connected to my arms and a big screen in front of me. I thought everything was over for a split second, that I was found and brought to the hospital. But boy was I wrong, the screen turned on and showed me seven familiar faces. The boys. They were sitting in a room and doing nothing, they weren't hurt but not good either, something was off. I shouted, hoping for them to be near and hear me, I screamed their names and I saw them looking directly into the camera, as if they heard me. I could see their lips moving but not hear anything.
"I can't hear you" I said and they tried to make some movements, trying to tell me something that I couldn't quite understand. Suddenly the door opened and a silhouette could be seen on the floor. I sat up and pulled myself back, scared of the stranger waiting behind the door.
"Don't be scared of me" the voice said. It was deep and I could sense some sadness in it.
"Who are you?" I asked and tried to see the face.
"Do you wanna know who I really am?" It asked. It was a man.
"Why wouldn't I?" I answered with a question.
"Because it will change your life" he said and took a step in, but I could only see his leg.
"Tell me" I almost whispered, scared of him. The man took another step into the room and revealed himself. It was someone I had never seen before but his face was so familiar.
"Do you remember me?" He asked with hope in his eyes. He had light brown eyes and black hair but it was shaved. He had a huge scar under his right eye and another one on his forehead. He was tall, my guess would be about 184 cm and his appearance was scary. He wore a costume which fitted perfectly and showed off his muscular body. But one of the things I noticed almost immediately was his age, he was at least 45 years old and his face looked devastated. As if he had been trough the worst and sailed trough storms but still miraculously survived. I stared at him and couldn't put my finger on who he was. I saw the boys listening intensely and their facial expressions were not making me feel any better. Jin was almost crying and Taehyung just stared at the wall, as if he was empty and had no purpose anymore. Everyone looked dead inside, which caused me to worry. Then, the man started speaking again.
"Y/N, I-I'm... I'm your biological father. I'm Dominus, your enemy but also your family" he said and looked at me as a tear rolled down from his right eye.
"Wh-what?"