Damsel (Tony)

You dragged your suitcase out and closed the apartment door. Walking in swift pace, you arrived at main lobby. Before you could reach the main exit, someone grabbed your left wrist harshly, pulled you back force fully face to face.

You saw him, his eyes were slightly red and smelled of alcohol from his breath. You gasped, not expecting him to be here.

"Don't you dare walk away from me!" Your boyfriend wished to have control on you completely.

"Leave me alone, Edward."

"Hear me out! Don't leave me y/n!" he pleaded.

Be firm. "Too late, Edward. It's over." You avoid looking him in the eye.

His grip was tighten on your wrist as you winched in pain. You know it will going to bruise tomorrow.

"Unhand me!" you spat.

"Darling, couldn't we give it another try?" he beg. "Please forgive me y/n. I love you. I promise to be a better person." Did he mean what he just said.

Sometimes you think about the good times. You think you could be married, maybe have a kid and travelled around the world together. But then you remember those nights. You remember his hand on your throat. You remember the threats. Thinking you might die. No, you don't trust him. You know he’ll never change. 

He looked hesitant for a moment and loosened his hands a little. At that time you took the opportunity to withdraw your hand and flee.

You wished to break free from your abusive boyfriend. He acts excessively jealous and possessive. He keeps you from seeing your friends even family.
However you deserved to feel valued, respected and safe.

Before you could run far, he grabbed your upper arms more rough, pulling you back to him.

In public, you tried to be calm and no need to gain attentions. Even as he is cursing that he is going to kill you. Edward, he sometime threaten you, he has unpredictable temper. He could switches from loving to angry in matter of second.

You could feel the circulation being slowly diverted. You can't feel the pain his grasp is surely because you hand has feel numb.

You don't understand where you have the courage, yet you slap his face hard. You could tell by his face that he was starting lose control.

You closed your eyes, prepared yourself for the pain when he rises his hand about to hit you.

A man with black hair has the perfect timing to step in. "Ah aa I believe it is not a way to treat such a beautiful lady."

You opened your eyes and saw a man was holding Edward's hand prevent it to strike. A man with beautiful big brown eyes smirked down playfully and winked at you.

Edward saw the way this man look at you and your ex was glaring at him.

Edward tried to release his own hand from the man, yet apparently he failed.

"This is none of your business. Who the hell are you?!?" Edward spat.

"Me? You don't know me?" the man pointed to his self. He has the perfect comeback, quipping, "A genius billionaire playboy philanthropist, Tony Stark." he said proudly. Edward rolled his eyes, getting annoyed. Really, is there anything the guy isn't?

What about engineer, businessman, designer and sex god? The list goes on.

"If you don't want any problems, I suggest you walk away right now." Tony declared.

"Hey robot man. No technology involve. Fight me like a man." he challenged.

You gasped. You know this was men thing, between man to man but you couldn't help to pipe in. You don't want anyone to be hurt because of you, especially this man.

"Mr. Stark, please ignore him, he isn't think cleary now. He's drunk."

Mr. Stark looked at you and considered. He whipped his sunglasses off a little dramatically and then looked at your ex. He know you were right, your ex was not worth the energy.

"I'm not going anywhere." Edward exclaimed.

"I strongly suggest you reconsider. I don't want my friend here become violent." Tony was being mild with him. For now he's more of the think-first-act-later type.

"Who do you think you are? Her knight in shining armor?" Edward hissed.

"Yes, if I have to."

"She's mine, and I can do whatever I want." he held his face high, and he made Tony wanted to punch his face.

"Hey, I am no body property." you defend. Edward glared at you but he can do nothing, maybe not yet, not in front of the billionare. He knew he would get a lot of trouble by challenging the big name stark.

"I'm leaving, but... This isn't over y/n."
Edward threaten you.

"Same for you jackass." he point to Tony.

Tony rolled his eyes and gave him 'whatever you say' look. You sighed in relief as Edward eventually left.

"Are you hurt?" Tony inquired.

"Um a little bruise tomorrow, but I'll survive." he step forward to have a check on your wrist and arm. No fatal damage, but still need treatment.

"Well, thank you Mr. Stark. I don't know  what would've happened if you hadn't shown up." you said whole-hearted.

"No need formalities. Call me Tony. I assumed a damsel in distress would need some help. So that's why I'm here. What's your name Miss?"

"(y/n) (l/n), damsel in distress."

"y/n l/n" Tony tasted your name on his tongue. "A beautiful name for such a beautiful lady" he compliment as he plant a quick kiss on the back of your hand. You blushed involuntarily.

"Are you going to somewhere?" Tony eyed your belongings.

"I actually don't know where I will go. I just do not want Edward to find me. Maybe I will stay in the hotel for a few days and find the best way out of all this." you said as he looked concerned.

"If you want you can stay with me, no I mean in the Stark Tower along with the Avenger. You'll pretty safe there. Edward wouldn't be able to reach you there. Besides, we have plenty of vacant rooms." Tony offered.

"That's very kind of you Tony. But.. " your orbs staring into his warm brown ones.

"No but. I insist. Let's get out of here before your ex changed his mind and come back. He will soon realize I just stole his ex girlfriend."

You can't help but felt amused at him, your savior.