Chapter 18; car seat & arguing

"Harry is picking us up in half an hour. Have you packed everything?" I asked Jaxon who sat on the bed with his teddy bear. He nodded so I zipped the bag and took it with me downstairs.

Jaxon followed me and we joined grandpa in the living room.

"You kids have to visit more often. I'm gonna miss you the second you'll be out that door." Grandpa said with a sad smile.

"We will, promise!" Jaxon exclaimed and jumped on grandpas lap to wrap his tiny arms around our beloved grandpa.

The spend the whole day in the zoo and now it was time to get back home because it was already 6:30pm on a Sunday and I had school tomorrow.

At exactly 7pm the doorbell rung and grandpa went to open the door while Jaxon & I put out shoes on and grabbed our bags.

My eyes lit up as I saw Harry waiting at the door. I walked up to him and he smiled as soon as he saw me. He leaned down and pecked my lips before taking my bag from me.

"Goodbye grandpa." I said and wrapped my arms around him, tightly.

"Goodbye, honey. You be safe, okay?"

I nodded and squeezed him tighter before letting go of him so Jaxon could hug his grandpa, too.  ruffled Jaxon's hair and he took my hand before leaving the house and getting to Harry's car.

Harry opened the backseat door and I saw a car seat for Jaxon.

"You got him a car seat?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yea, I bought it earlier." He told me, making me smile as I fastened the seat belt around Jaxon. I shut the door and waved at my grandpa one last time before getting in the passenger seat.

"Thank you so much." I said to Harry as he drove off.

"You can pay me back with kisses." He joked and I laughed along. I placed my hand on his thigh for a change and he grabbed it, bringing it up to his mouth to kiss my knuckles.

I grinned and turned around to see Jaxon, covering his eyes.

Harry & I both laughed at him and very much enjoyed the two hour drive back home.

"Do you think she's still back at your apartment?" I asked as we were close to my house.

"Not sure. I'll text you when I get home, okay? I have to work tomorrow but if you want you can sleep over tomorrow?" He said it more like a question.

"I would love to." I nodded, making him smile as he stopped the car a couple houses before mine.

I looked at Jaxon for a second and saw him focusing on unfastening his seat belt so I took the chance and pressed my lips onto Harry's.

"See you tomorrow." I mumbled and pecked his lips before getting out of the car. I handed Jaxon his bag and grabbed my own before we waved at Harry one last time.

"Don't tell mom and dad about Harry, okay buddy?"

Jaxon nodded his head and grabbed my hand as we entered our house.

-

The next day, after my exam in history, I went to get some food and decided to surprise Harry at work. Luckily, I had my moms car today.

I arrived at the hospital five minutes after Harry's break had started so I sneaked past the front desk and went to the fifth floor where his office was.

As I was about to round the corner I heard loud arguing and as I peeked into the hall I saw Lacey standing in front of Harry in a full on 'I'm about to fight you' mode.

I quickly disappeared back around the corner since I didn't want her to see me even though I doubt she would recognize me but if I walk up to Harry with food while he was on his break...it would be a little obvious.

"I just don't get it Harry!" She almost yelled but I heard Harry saying that she needed to calm down and stop causing a scene.

"We were so happy, Harry. What changed? Was it because I didn't want kids? Because if that's it then let's go and make one. Please, Harry. I'm trying here. What do you want from me?"

Oh, so she didn't want kids? I bet that's what Harry meant then when he said that they didn't see eye to eye on things.

"I just want you to leave, Lacey. I told you it's over. I don't love you the way you want me to." He said, calmly.

"Just tell me what the fuck I did wrong? It just happened so suddenly the least I want is an explanation. Did you cheat on me? Do you love someone else? Am I not good enough for you?"

I heard Harry sigh and I felt so bad for him because after what he told me his family was probably grilling him with questions, too.

"Don't do this, Lacey. It just didn't work out. Now please leave." He told her and I could only imagine how he was running his hands through his hair. The way he spoke hinted that he was exhausted and just not in the mood of arguing.

He probably had a long day at work, too and just wants to enjoy his break right now before finishing up his shift in about two hours or something.

"Fine. Whatever." Lacey said and I heard her high heels clicking against the floor. My eyes widened and I opened the next best door so she wouldn't see me.

I looked in the room and saw it was some kind of supply room. I left a gap open and saw Lacey walk away and in the elevator. As she was gone I came out of my hiding and walked down the hall to Harry's office.

I knocked, politely and heard him groan from the inside. Seconds later he opened the door and his eyes widened.

"Nice to see you, too." I laughed and it took him a second before a smile crept on his face.

"What are you doing here? I thought I told you I would pick you up?" He asked kinda confused.

He let me in and sat down in his chair while I sat down on the other side of his table. I placed the food on his table and he smiled.

"You brought me food?" He asked and I nodded, smiling as he happily took out the box with spaghetti and bolognese sauce.

"Thank you." He grinned and started eating, immediately.

"I saw Lacey." I informed him, making him almost choke. He gulped down the food and stared at me.

"Did she talk to you?" He asked with wide eyes.

"No, I hid in the supply room or something. I saw you two in the hall so I thought it was best not to show my face." I laughed.

"She wanted to know the reason why I left her. Nothing happened, I swear." He defended himself but he didn't need to.

I got up from my seat and walked towards him. I swung my leg over his lap and sat down. He pulled my closer and my legs rested on his arm rests.

"You don't have to defend yourself, Harry. I believe you. I trust you." I whispered and giggled as I spotted sauce on the corner of his lips.

I took a napkin and wiped it away while Harry watched my every move. He had his hands intertwined on my behind and my arms were wrapped around his neck.

"You're amazing." He said and moved one hand to my back while the other rested on my bottom, holding me in place.

I didn't know what to say so I leaned closer and pressed my lips onto his, gently.

____________

You know that feeling when you have SOOOO many ideas for your books but like you can't just BAM put that in because it's much too early and so you have to come up with even more stuff to get to the point where you can write about what you wanted to write and at the end you can't even write that anymore (sometimes) because your story kinda developed into another direction so it doesn't fit?????

I hope that makes sense lmao

I also hateeee like absolutely HATE to write the first few chapters. I end up deleting them over and over and over again until I'm kinda okay with the outcome. It's so annoying.

Hope you liked the chapter tho :)
love you ❤️