prologue.

semester break had finally come to an end. the students of seoul national university headed back to campus from their hometown for their first ever lecture of the semester. while some requested to stay in the hostel provided, some chose to stay at their own places outside the campus. it really depends on the individuals, what they prefer and like.

for jungkook, he'd been wanting to stay in the hostel. he thought it would be easier for him to attend soccer practice and classes. he was not a morning person to begin with and he couldn't definitely wake up that early to class. it would take him an hour to prepare for any class. if he happened to stay somewhere far from the campus, it'd just make things worse for him so he didn't want to take any risks.

while for taehyung, his father was a literature professor there. thanks to his father, he got to stay in the hostel for the upcoming semester. taehyung on the other side was a journalism major. he was in his second year and pretty much one of those openly gay guys in campus. but, he was nowhere near to being famous.

unlike taehyung, jungkook was on the famous side. he played for the soccer team in campus, making him one of the popular guys loved by many girls. although he had a lot of fangirls surrounding him, he didn't even bother to lay his eyes on her. he wasn't interested in them not because they weren't attractive, it was simply because he was attracted to males.

yes, he was homosexual but in a closet. he's a closeted gay male that wished to stay hidden in the closet forever, living in denial and fear. he grew up in a homophobic and religious family where he was educated and taught that loving the same sex was a big sin to commit.

his mind was poisoned by his parents.

living in denial was surely hard for the raven haired male. he described his life being trapped in a box with no exit, like a cage. he's like a bird being caged for a long time, waiting for the freedom to be given to him.

on the first day of the new semester, jungkook was a little bit nervous about the whole thing. his parents were in overseas and he had to take care of everything alone, including his school stuffs and luggage to the hostel. the feelings were mixed and he was slightly afraid that the new roommate he was about to have would figure out his dirty little secrets.

he tried to shrug the thoughts off his mind, telling to himself that everything would be just fine. things might seem a little bit shaky at first but he promised himself that he'd do well if he acted more careful.

slowly, he bent down a bit to grab his luggage on the ground. that didn't go well until someone decided to be a dick and bumped into him.

"are you alright there?" a voice inquired.

a low groan escaped jungkook's mouth, eyes flipping slowly as a taller figure was towering him. he remained silent for a while, unable to utter any words past his parted lips when the latter's features were being observed carefully by the raven haired male.

he was astonished and awestruck by his beauty. jungkook didn't really want to make everything seem too obvious so he swiftly got up from the ground with no help and cleared his throat.

"i'm fine." the shorter male replied in a cold tone. he then grabbed back his luggage and left the place without making an eye contact with the taller male. he could feel his cheeks burning up and that wouldn't be too nice if the stranger noticed them. it could be awkward too sometimes if he thought about it again. without any hesitation, he then left the place and headed into the hostel's office to get his room keys.

the shorter male knew what's up. he had his eyes on the stranger that just bumped into him. he didn't know his name, nor which hostel he came from but one thing for sure, he's gorgeous. jungkook was really eager to know more about him but being a closeted gay, he didn't want to expose himself.

holding the keys to his room between his two lips, jungkook tried to reach for the 'up' button but unable to since his arms were both occupied with his things. an arm was then extended out to help him press the button and the shorter male quickly peeked over his shoulder.

it's the same guy that bumped into him. the shorter male remained cool and silent as he backed away, waiting for the elevator to arrive at the level he was in now. once arrived, he stepped inside along with his stuffs and pressed his index finger against the button with the label '6' on it.

he was curious to why the taller male didn't bother to press any button but he remained silent still. the shorter male leaned away slowly from the buttons and stood next to the other. the situation became slightly awkward for both of them and it made jungkook feel uneasy and at the same time nervous.

when the doors of the elevator slid open, jungkook got out from it and walked towards his room while carrying his stuffs along with him. he could feel the taller male was tailing him and it worried him. what if the male tried to hurt him for ignoring him?

so, he fastened his pace this time. the latter didn't catch up with the sudden change in jungkook's pace. he just followed him from the back in a rather steady pace.

noticing the number of his room plastered on the white main door, jungkook placed his stuffs down on the floor and inserted his key inside the door knob. the football player then turned the knob around to step inside the room before he could shut the door to avoid the other.

until a leg was extended out to block the younger male from closing the door. 

"not too fast, roommate. i guess you didn't get the memo that i'll be your new roommate, right?" said a voice.

upon hearing the hoarse voice, jungkook's eyes bugged out in complete surprise. "wait, what?" his voice turned shaky in disbelief. was he just hearing things this time? or was it real? "who are you again?" the male threw another inquire.

slowly, the taller male pushed the door slightly aside and dragged his stuffs inside the room. the door then closed tight behind his back and he swiftly held out his hand towards the shorter's direction. "hi, i'm taehyung. i'll be your new roommate."