Chapter Twenty One

Tae

Tae

Six months later...

"Damn, starving much?"

I gave Beyonce a blank stare as she laughed.

"You ain't hungry?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I cannot eat right after a show anymore." She explained, "my nerves are on ten. It's gonna take a minute for my adrenaline to get back to normal."

"Oh," I said nonchalantly as I cracked a crab leg, "sucks for you."

After a special performance at the Roots Picnic in Philly, we were back at the rental property we were staying in near Atlantic City.

It was rare that the people got me, Kelly, and Beyonce on a stage together.

So when it happened, it was monumental.

We killed that shit tonight just like old times and as tired as I was, a bitch was hungrier.

Curry Crab was one of if not the best seafood spot in America and whenever I was in the vicinity, it was a must that I pull up. I'd purposefully ate like a bird in preparation for today.

But now that the show was over, it was a wrap.

A bitch was gonna be a crab leg by the end of the night. That's exactly how many I was about to eat.

"That don't mean you gotta eat all of it. Damn, I'll be hungry later." She teased.

"Bye bitch. You better dig in while you can." I warned her cracking another one.

I danced from side to side as I dipped the sweet meat in garlic butter and devoured it.

"I'ma go call Jay." She announced before walking out of the kitchen.

I remained seated at the island cracking fucking crab legs all by my lonesome.

"Here she is."

Who the fuck was bothering me now?

Kelly waltzed into the kitchen with her phone pressed to her ear.

"You should see her sitting here with this fat ass plate. It's pathetic." She said shaking her head as she watched me eat.

"If you want a front row seat, bitch buy a ticket." I said glaring at her, "why y'all keep fucking with me while I'm tryna have a fat bitch moment?"

"Yep, she's talking to me." She told whoever was on the other end of that phone.

Seconds after, she put the phone on speaker and I heard Trey's laugh.

"Hey baby." I spoke, still eating.

"Hey baby, I been calling you. Where's your phone?" He asked when his laughter subsided.

I shrugged like he could see me as I cracked another crab leg.