13.

I woke up the next morning to a quiet knocking on my bedroom window, sitting up quickly, I pulled the blankets off of myself and stood up, walking over to the window. I yanked open the curtains and there stood a grinning Benny. I slid open the window.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Get ready," he said. "I'm taking you to breakfast."

"Benny, it's-" I turned to look at the clock. "Seven in the morning." I whined. He threw his foot over the window ledge, then the other, and he jumped into my room. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Come on, duchess." He said, kissing me gently on the lips. "It'll be fun."

"Fine," I said, giving in. "But I want to sleep for five more minutes." I climbed back into bed, covering myself up with my blanket, and closing my eyes. I felt the bed sink down next to me and I opened my eyes to be met with Benny's big, hazel eyes. He smiled at me and set his hand on my cheek.

"You're so pretty, you know that?" he whispered. I felt my cheeks start to burn, then I began panicking, because Benny could probably feel it. He smirked at me, his hand still resting on my cheek. "You're blushing."

"Stop," I whined, pulling his hand off of me and turning to face the other way. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into him, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I like making you blush," he stated. "It's cute."

"Quit that!" I said too loud, because the next moment, someone was walking down the hall towards my room. I shot up.

"Emmy?" I heard my mom say on the other side of my door. My eyes went wide and I pulled Benny towards my closet, pushing him inside and quietly shutting the door. I ran back to my bed and laid down, covering myself up.

"Yes?" I said, out of breath. I watched the door knob turn and my mom came in, already dressed for work. She looked around before she came in.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked. I felt my heart speed up and I had to make up something and quick. My eyes shot to the open window and an idea came to mind.

"I accidentally left the window open last night and a fly got in here," I explained. "It keeps flying around me while I'm trying to sleep."

"Well, there's a fly swatter in the kitchen," she said. "I'm off to work, what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't know, anything," I said, wanting her to leave before Benny did something stupid.

"Alright, your father and I are off to work."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too." And with that, she left my room, closing the door behind her. I ran to my window to watch them leave. Once they were gone, I ran to my closet and opened it, flooding the once dark area with light from the morning sun. Benny was sitting on the floor of my closet. He looked up at me, an amused smirk on his face.

"My heart is beating so fast," I said. "You can't do this anymore! I mean, what if we get caught? We could get in a lot of trouble and-" he grabbed my arm and pulled me, making my fall onto him. "Ouff!" I called out. "Benny!"

"I thought it was neat," he said, his arms snaking around my waist. "Very sneaky."

"You think?" I asked. He nodded.

"We should do it more often." he said, pecking my lips three times.

"Okay," I said. "But next time, just warn me ahead of time."

"Deal." he said with a smile.

* * *

Hi :)) do you guys like small and cute chapters? i'll try to do more like this if you guys like them. comment

question of the day: when do you go back to school?

Ok bye ily