Chapter 4

The group arrives at Mount Cedar and are immediately stunned at their surroundings. While you can see Mount Cedar from Fountain City, people rarely see this place. Beautiful waterfalls with crashing white water into a small valley like area. The area seems to be surrounded by log cabin like structures that have colored signs on them, that seemingly match the attire of the Blades that the others have met before. The only building that was different was a big white mansion at the top of hill. Long white pillars, and a large fountain in front of the home.

The group all seem to simultaneously nod in approval. They look around their new home in awe of its beauty. Many can be heard fawning over the beautiful waterfalls and the foliage that surround them. All the while hyper focused on he houses and how they notice all the bright colored jackets walking into the cabins with signs that matched their respective jackets. These new recruits seemed more like fans than future Blades.

"This is Mount Cedar, your new home.", Rashad says. "I know some of you still need to go off and let people know that you will be here. But that's the expectation... you WILL be here."

"I'm ready now, I have nothing to go home to. ", Madeleine said. "When do I get to meet Sylvia?"

"Sylvia? How do you know her?", Marcus replies.

"She saved me once, and I have to see her again.", she said.

"Well, there will be plenty of time for that tomorrow. For those of you who plan to go back, you can go through the portal and tie up any loose ends. Those who intend to stay, can go to the house with the blue sign. That is where you'll be staying. I will come for you tomorrow.", Marcus instructed.

The new recruits step back through the portal, having a very excited and animated conversation. All but Madeleine and Marcus. Madeleine heads off to the cabin, adorned with a blue sign that has a logo that resembles a circle drawn with a paint brush, with an oriental styling. Marcus separated to call his mother, as he reasoned that he couldn't bear to see her.

Marcus never really expected to have this conversation with his mother. As a result, he wasn't prepared to deal with her reaction to the news. While she understood why Marcus wanted to be a Blade, and somewhat accepted it now, it didn't stop the sadness. While this affected Marcus, he absolutely wanted to be a Blade at all costs.

He ended the call with his mother and was immediately covered in sadness. She was all he ever knew, the only important thing in his life to that point. They took care of each other and now they were to be separate for who knew how long. As Marcus continued to contemplate what this change meant, Rashad seemingly just appeared behind him, and put his hand on Marcus' shoulder.

"It's always hard to separate, that's why many people want to do it face-to-face.", Rashad said.

"I just couldn't look my mother in the face, I knew I would break her heart.", Marcus replied. "She didn't want me to be here in the first place."

"Only time will tell if you made the right decision or not. You're young, there will be many important decisions to make. This is only one of many.", Rashad said as he attempted to console Marcus.

"Well, I wish I knew more about what I'm doing here, to ensure I'm making the right decision."

"Marcus, tomorrow you will know everything you need to know at this stage. Get some sleep and prepare yourself.", Rashad replied.

That cryptic response from Rashad as he walked away made Marcus feel like he'll likely never feel comfortable at Mount Cedar. Marcus head over to the cabin, to get some rest. There was at least some value in the speech from Rashad, it was time to get some rest. Marcus found a room in the blue cabin that had his name on the door. The room was small but simple, it reminded him of his room at home which made it much easier to get comfortable. Before he knew it, he had fallen asleep.