Chapter Thirteen

The next two weeks were very well spent. I got to see Lennox even though Tori told me I couldn't. Mrs. Pat was on my side. I really couldn't believe it. She was going behind her daughter'a back, so I could see my baby.

Of course, Cassie was always with me. We were in this together. She was going to defend me in court and help me keep my daughter.

Today, Lennox is three months old. Hard to believe it has been that long. So much has happened since that amazing day.

Cassie and I were sitting in the kitchen. Our usual hangout spot.

"So," Cassie said, grabbing my hands. "Eight days until you go to court. Are you nervous?"

"A little." I smiled at her. How is it possible that she can make everything better by just being here? "But, I know everything will work out for us. I am just ready to end this battle."

"Me too," she nodded. "I am ready to be that precious baby's mommy."

I smiled at that. "I am too. She needs a good mother, and I know you will be just that."

I leaned into kiss her, bit we were interrupted by the front door opening.

It was my brother Warner. He walked in the kitchen and dropped an envelope on the counter, "this came in the mail for you. Not sure what it is though."

Hmmm. It was a paper from the courthouse. I wonder what this means?

I opened and read the letter. I immediately dropped it in horror.

"No!" I yelled. "She can't do this to me. Not now! I was so close to getting her."

Cassie looked at me with a worried expression. I passed her the letter. She too dropped it in horror.

"Wow," Warner said. "Whatever that is has you two pretty spooked. What is it?"

"It's adoption papers. Tori has already signed them. I am supposed to sign them too. She wants me to sign over Lennox."

I got up from the table. "No. This isn't happening. I am going to end this once and for all."

Cassie grabbed my hand, "Wade, don't do anything stupid, please? I love you."

I leaned in to kiss her. "Love you too. See you in a little while. Stay for me, please?"

"Always," she smiled.

....................

Tori's POV

There. Done. I already have the papers in the mail. Now all that is needed is Wade's signature. Then, Lennox will be out of my hair forever. And, I want have to worry about that girlfriend of his raising my daughter.

I heard pounding on my door. Who has the nerve to bother me right now?

I opened the door to see a red faced Wade Bentley in my doorway. He was furious.

Yes. That means he got my letter. But, what is he doing here?