EPILOGUE

The sunlight peered from the windows as the soft touch of the sun spreads through the room. The silk fabric of the curtains flowed—like that of the waves in the ocean. The air smelt of flowers... sweet scent. It was peaceful, the only audible sounds are coming from the chirps of birds.

The knob moved.

The wooden door creaked open—

And a man entered, wearing a royal clothing on. The combination of white and gold colors brings out his natural and appealing look. His lips curved as he smiled and his nose was noble as it is.

He gazed over the door frame to the bed where she sleeps peacefully and beautifully.

He neared and stared at her that seems like eternity.

Her smooth tanned skin. Her long eyelashes. Her thin pink lips.

Thinking deeply of it, he considers himself as one lucky guy. He was so blessed to have someone like her—innocent, constant and consistent. He knows, he doesn't deserve anything from her. A thief... A wanted thief. But he needed her love, as much as they needed each other.

He slowly bored down and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Warm and soft.

"Wake up, blondie."

Before Rapunzel can even take another breathe, her eyes shut open. Her bright green eyes.

And... and she could see him. His brown hair. His sharp jaw. The one who saved her from her ruthless mother. The one who sacrificed himself for nothing but to accept true love in return. The only one.

"EuEugene?" Rapunzel said that turned into a question.

Her eyes widen a little bit. She slowly sat with the blanket in her lower limbs. As she gazed over her body, she was in a purple night dress. Made of silk. For all she could remember, every time she wakes up in the morning, Rapunzel can already feel the weight of her hair but to any extent, she doesn't feel anything today.

Perhaps, now that everything had sunk in, her hair was cut in a short spiky brunette.

"Hey." Eugene smiled. "Good morning."

Trying to understand the discomfort in her face.

He saw the changes within her emotions but he can't dig anymore deeper. That is all he know.

"There's a letter this morning," He started and comfortably sat on the mattress. "From the kingdom of Arendelle. It's Elsa's coronation this upcoming weekend. She wanted you to come over."

Elsa? Elsa. Of course. Rapunzel did not answer. Her eyes blinked a couple of times, looking at the blank space in front. Her lips was left ajar and finally, she nodded—unsure. But she nodded.

Eugene stifled a chuckle. His lips were tucked at both ends. Maybe, it was too early to tell her. He wanted to give her a peck in the forehead, the usual cycle he do after their wedding. He wanted to wake up and see her firstly in the morning.

Like a husband would do.

Rapunzel smiled halfheartedly.

She felt another soft peck in her cheeks and as she stared at him, Eugene stood up and gave her a lovely look before heading through the door.

"See you at the dining room."

And closed the door behind him.

Rapunzel opened the glass door and went through the balcony. The warm wind hustled over her, swaying her dress.