Part 8

Jace's POV

Where are they? They have been gone for hours. Surely it doesn't take that long to watch someone read out a poem. I need to talk to Clary. They left hours ago, I just want to talk to Clary with out her running away or ignoring me. 

"Come on, come on." I say quietly to myself

"Talking to yourself I see, I didn't think I would see Jace Herondale talking to himself" I hear Alec say behind me. I turn slowly to face him. 

"I'm just impatient. I'm waiting for someone." I say dismissively. Looking back out the window

"Waiting for Clary?" I nod "Well you're a little too late." I look at him sharply 

"What? What do you mean 'I'm a little too late'? How can I be too late?" I spit out. 

"She came in the back door to avoid you hours ago, I just finished training with her. I thought you knew she was avoiding you." He tells me looking me in the eye. I guess no one has forgiven me for cheating on Clary. No one understands why I cheated on her. Sometimes i wonder that myself but I can't  let that change the fact that I will win her back

"Is she in her room?" I ask Alec. 

"No I think I saw her head to Izzy's room. "You know, you should just leave her alone. She clearly doesn't want to see you."

"You don't think I know that? I just want to talk to her and apologise. I want to start over and be her friend." I explain. 

"Well, I think that ship sailed when she saw you with Kaelie. Don't keep trying and show up to her whenever she is near you. Don't be forceful give her some time before you try and be friends. All she needs is time." He tells me. 

"But I don't want to give her time, I want to talk to her now." I groan. Just after I say that I hear girlish laughter coming from the hallway. 

"Don't stuff this up anymore Jace, just leave her to have fun with Izzy." Alec warns me as he walks away. But as I see them come around the corner I forget what I wanted to tell her. She was just laughing at something Izzy told her and I didn't care what I just wanted to be the one who told her that, for her to be laughing with me and not ignoring me. 

"Clary," I say "Clary, please talk to me. Give me 5 minutes." 

"And why should she give you 5 minutes? Do you want 5 more minutes of her life to stuff up?" Izzy says. "There is nothing you can say that will make Clary want to be friends with you, at least not for a long time." All that time Izzy was talking I couldn't take my eyes off of Clary. She did not look at me once. Why did I cheat on her?

Clary's POV

"Just leave me alone Jace. I don't want to talk to you. Don't ruin the night, just leave me alone" I tell him fiercely. Izzy and I start to walk away when he grabs my hand, 

"Why, why do you hate me so much, I apologised, you said you forgave me." He says trying to meet my eyes. 

"I said I forgave you, not that I would forget what you did. I will never forget. My hatred is a reminder. If I were to lose my hatred I would forget. An apology means nothing without actions to follow it up, what you said straight after is not an action to make me change my mind. I no longer hurt about what you did, but I remember and every time I see you with Kaelie I will remember." I pull my hand back and walk away. 

"Well, that was interesting, what did you tell him before? Or should I say what did he tell you?" Izzy asks me.