Chapter 4

Finally finding a spot in the overcrowded parking lot Nina sighed out of relief as she was grateful that other person didn't get it before her, not trying to be mean but she had been looking for 30 minutes now that is how badly crowded the parking lot was. Making her in the center she just walked around looking nothing really catching her eye. After searching for about a hour she almost gave up but walking into one last store and as she did she came face to face with her little cousin again but this time her cousin wasn't being snarky or snappy if anything she looked nervous about something, walking over to her she stood beside her cousin as she tried to pick which dress looked better.

 "What are you doing here Nina came to stalk me I see hmm?" Immediately freezing Nina just looked at her cousin like she was crazy " Of course not why would I have to stalk you for I was looking for dress and just happened to walk into this store and see you" Nina said it so soft her cousin slowly started to get red with embarrassment before shaking her head and looking at Nina intently before speaking again. "Oh well ohk just don't get in my way or try to steal my dress and we will have no problem I just need a better dress then you and I will be perfectly fine" she all but spit out at Nina before walking past her to go get the saleslady. Slowly remembering why she came here in the first place she started her search for the perfect dress.

Going through racks and racks of dresses Nina just couldn't find the perfect one until she saw someone who worked there pull out a whole new rack of dresses she hadn't seen before. Quickly getting attracted to the dresses she saw one that caught her eye it was a simple sparkly  black dress that came knee length when she saw it was the last one she grabbed it before anyone could take it, looking at the size and seeing it matched her she went on a search for a salesperson. "Uhm excuse me, hi yes I was wondering if you guys have this dress in a different color perhaps I love this one just wanted to see if any other color looked as good?" Smiling at Nina the man quickly looked at the dress before scanning it and going to the back to check. 

Hearing footsteps behind her she turned around only to be greeted by her cousin once again, "Well what do we have here I see you have finally found a dress, my my is it gorgeous may I try it on?" Harper asked with a mischievous glint in her eye that Nina knew all to well, Harper always got a this look in her eyes when she wanted something that you had and now Nina knew better as Harper always did it when they were kids and teenagers, she would ask to see or wear it and end up taking it or stealing it. "Well yes this dress is beautiful, but I'm afraid I can't let you try it on as I am going to get it for the party tomorrow" Nina said and watched how her cousin's face dropped and morphed into one of rage. "Well it doesn't matter anyway I can still get the same dress and you won't be only one with it on tomorrow just watch" saying so she stomped away from Nina and back into the dressing rooms and not returning back out.

 A tap on her shoulder made her turn around and face the salesman "Any luck?" Nina asked hopefully looking at the man "Ah I'm afraid not m'am that was the last shipping we have got and I checked the systems and apparently they are discontinuing these dresses so I must say you are very luck to have got this dress in the time span that you got it in" the man said genuinely looking back at Nina. 'Oh I did get lucky finally for once' Nina thought before looking at man and thanking him and wishing him a nice day before making her way towards the cash register. While the lady scanned her dress and took of the safety lock think Nina looked around at other stores to see if they had nice shoes before spotting a place a little walk away, getting her dress she made her way to the shoe boutique .

Making her way inside she noticed how empty it was and beautifully arranged it was and that made her smile as she saw finding the perfect heel would be a little bit easier now. Browsing through the different shoe designs she decided to look at stiletto block heels as she thought it would match her dress perfectly. 'I need something comfortably but then again fashionably which one speaks that hmm' staring at each heel intently she finally got the choice down to nice  black 4 inch stiletto with a block heel with tiny silver studs lining the ankle strap. Taking the shoes to the cashier she noticed her cousin still at the store looking red in the face which meant  she was frustrated 'I just hope she doesn't cause a scene'  growing up with her was a pain to Nina because she was always spoiled rotten and was a brat whereas Nina didn't care about the newest phone or clothes, she wore comfortable clothes and didn't want a phone until she 16 when her parents made her get one, Harper never appreciated things and that is why she is who she is now and Nina was the nicest out of the family as she didn't let the money effect who she was or who hung out with. After paying for the shoes she made her way out of the center and back to her car before her cousin could see her and talk more about stuff that didn't care. On her way back home she decided to go to the park where she used to hang out at. Pulling up she stayed in her car but looked around and saw the kids playing and a few pets chasing them and then she looked to the right of all the kids and parents and saw the beautiful lake with the sunset right over it, not wasting anytime Nina reached in her bag and pulled out her camera before turning it on and snapping the picture just in time as the sun was now a quarter under the water. Looking down at the picture she smiled as she used to take picture of everything before It all happened, taking one last look at the park she reversed her car and drove home.

Making it home she parked and got the bags out and made her way towards the door before she heard her name being called out faintly, turning around she looked for the source but couldn't find it but what she did see was her neighbors waving at her and yelling greeting on how they missed her. Talking for a while with Mrs.Jemming about work and how they would have to start a garden and flower bed again sometime she made it back in the house and put her dress and shoes in the closet for tomorrow before looking at the time and seeing it was quite early, deciding to order some Chinese food she closed the blinds and curtains, as soon as she finished the doorbell rang and she ran to get the money and a tip, making her way to the door she opened it up only to see nobody there 'weird'  she thought closing the door she went back to the kitchen to organize to pass time before 10 minutes later the doorbell rang again, this time looking through the peephole she saw the delivery guy and opened the door and gave him money before turning off the lights in the kitchen and living room and going up to her room to eat.

 While eating she was trying to mentally prepare herself for seeing her family again, some weren't that bad but they had there moments where they would act snobby which she didn't like. A lot though didn't favor Nina like they did Harper, she guessed it was because Nina enjoyed working a different job than her family business of Realtors, she just couldn't see herself doing that whenever she could be helping solve cases of important issues other than finding out which pattern matched the wall 'eh' Nina shivered in disgust at the thought not that she had any problem with it she just didn't enjoy that type of stuff like even when they younger she hated the idea of it. Despite all of her hate for it her family did good jobs she just wished they knew were she was coming from after all it all started more so after her parents got murdered.