Someone

Loki's POV

Thor wanted to talk to me about something important. He was looking unusually nervous and... it seemed to me, that he was in a hurry; like if he couldn't speak to me now, he would never get a second chance.

I studied my brother's worried face. His really beautiful face. He had the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen, honestly, I wish I could drown myself in them. A few strands of his perfect blonde hair have escaped from behind his ears and were now hanging by the sides of his sharp, flawless face.

And the lips. Don't even get me started about those pink, plump, incredibly kissable lips. I have often imagined capturing them by mine, but I've never found the courage to do so; not yet.

And probably not ever.

He's my brother, after all, even if a 'step' one. I could never be with him. I could never tell him about my secret. About my feelings.

"Hey, Loki, are you alright?" asked the sweetest voice. I realized with a sigh, that I've lost myself in my imagination. Again.

"Yeah, yeah, totally," I forced my eyes to look into his. "What did you want to talk about?"

He rubbed his face in frustration and grabbed my hand. "Come with me, I wanna be sure we're alone."

I gasped at the sudden contact, but covered it with a cough and followed him. He dragged me into an empty room and locked the door behind us.

"Are you really sure everything's alright?" I worriedly asked him one more time. He was acting truly strange.

Thor just sighed and looked at me with a sad expression on his face.

"No, brother, if I'm being completely honest with you, nothing's alright."

Oh no, what happened, love?

"What's wrong then? Tell me," I begged.

"I really wish it wasn't," he started, but didn't continue. When I told him to go on, he smiled sadly.

"I just... I've had this secret for a long time, but it keeps getting harder and harder for me not to tell anyone," he took a deep breath, "but I can't do it anymore, I have to get it off my chest."

"You know you can tell me anything," I said with a reassuring smile. I've changed a lot in the past few years. When our hellish sister appeared not so long ago and wanted to kill everybody and destroy our world, I realized many things. For example, that I don't need to fight with my family. And that if I combined my powers with Thor's, we could be a lot stronger. And that I don't want to lie again to my brother, ever.

And that I love him.

I snapped back to the present world, because I got lost in my thoughts once more.

"Okay, I have to tell you something, but promise me: you won't interrupt me and you'll listen till the end of my speech," he said with a solemn expression.

I was really beginning to wonder what was on his mind that tortured him so much, but I knew I wasn't gonna get the answer if I didn't promise.

"I promise," escaped my lips in a shaky voice.

"Well," he laughed and nervously runned his hands together, "I don't actually know how to start this conversation... but I'll try my best."

"Hey, calm down Thor, whatever it is, I'm sure we'll figure something out," I tried to soothe him.

"You promised," he looked at me warningly instead.

"Sorry," I murmured, slapping myself mentally for breaking the promise right away. I smiled at him sheepishly and put a hand on his arm, motioning him to carry on.