1

"I have to go now, see you tomorrow." Ben grinned before running off to his friends.

I couldn't help smiling on my way to the hockey field. I spotted Spencer immediately, she had just scored a goal. No surprise there. Her cheeks were beet red and some of her hair clung to her face. The bleachers were pretty much empty except for the helicopter-moms, and a few kids who were waiting for their friends. I took a seat near the bottom and took out my history textbook and began reading the chapter we were assigned to read for homework. It wasn't all that interesting. After a while I felt like someone was watching me so I looked around. A row behind me was Jenna. She was sitting next to a girl I hadn't seen before. She was wearing cute dark sunglasses with her head resting on Jenna's lap. I couldn't tell if she was staring at me or the game.

"Do you have a problem Fields?" Marshall snarled. That's when I realised I had been staring for too long. I just rolled my eyes and turned around.

"So, why Hope?" Jenna asked continuing a conversation they were having before.

"You're really over thinking this. We're just having fun." The girl laughed. Her laugh was deep and rich.

"You know she really likes you right?"

"I kind of picked up on that when she made me breakfast yesterday."

"I think she'll be good for you."

"Oh, she's definitely good for me." She chuckled.

"You can be such a douche." Jenna sighed. "Anyway, I have to go now."

"Why?" The girl whined.

"I have a piano lesson to go to. I can give you a ride."

"Nah, it's cool. Spencer's taking me home, we have a project to work on."

"Have fun."

"Oh I definitely will." She lowered her tone.

By then practice had ended and the team headed over to the locker room. I tried really hard not to look back at the girl incase she was looking my way. I didn't want her to find me creepy. As I put my books away I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, its Emily right?" She smiled.

I had to remind myself to respond, "Uh yeah."

"What's the time?"

"3:30" I don't know why but I felt a little disappointed.

"Thank you. The name is Maya by the way" She said and smiled.

Once Spencer was done we piled into Spencer's car. Maya and I sat in the back whilst Spencer threw her hockey gear into the trunk.

"Where's Hannah?" Spencer frowned glancing at her watch.

"She is at Caleb's house." I shrugged.

"Oh" Spencer said giving me the knowing look. "You're so lucky you don't have swimming practice till next week."

"You swim?" Maya quickly turned to face me with an arched brow.

It took a second for me to answer that with her gaze on me. "Yes."

"Are you any good?"did she just ask that?

I rolled my eyes at that, "If you call being number 1 swimmer in the state good, then yes."

"Mami's got an attitude. I like." She winked and smirked at me.

"She's really good, you should come to one of her meets." Spencer suggested as we pulled up in front of my house.

"I'll see you tomorrow guys." I waved as Spencer's black Mercedes pulled out of my drive way.

______________________________________