Prologue: Can we be friends?

" Are you stupid? That won't work on me! Just apologize! Then I'll leave you alone!"

     I shook my head. " Like I said, I'm not apologizing... " The blue eyed cat girl kicked me over and over again. It hurts... But.... I'm not apologizing. I'll just be deal with this for a little longer. Come on Unknown.... You can do it.

     " Stop it! Leave her alone Mira!"

     It was a pink haired cat girl. She was running this way. Why...? Why is she trying to help me? Did she hit her head? Nobody ever bothers to help me, especially after that time I spilled tea on that one maid when I didn't want to talk to her. Mira wrapped her hands around my neck. " Ehh? And if I don't? What are you going to do Chiyo? You are a kitten! You don't stand a chance against someone who is much older and wiser." I... I can't breathe... Chiyo took off the red scarf that was wrapped around her neck and threw it on the ground. She smirked. " Pah. Don't make me laugh. If you were wise then you would have known that you should pick on someone your own size!" Blood... Mira had 4 long blue spears in her stomach. The spears looked as if they were made of ice... The adult cat girl fell on the ground with a loud " thump!"

     Chiyo took the girl's hands off my neck. She was mumbling something to herself.
" She asked for it... I told her to stop... I'm not the bad guy... Right? Why don't people ever listen to me? I hate violence. The bloodshed was unnecessary. If she listened to me then none of this would of happened!" She paused and smiled at me. " Ah. Hey there! Are you okay? I'm sorry that I couldn't stop her from hurting you." I can't have this girl by my side. I must remove her immediately. " Why do you care...? I didn't need you to step in. I was better off alone... Go away..." Chiyo flinched. I hit her where it hurt. She's a sensitive one. I should use that to my advantage. Chiyo ignored what I said and took my arm. " You have so many scrapes on your arms! I need to help you! If we don't treat them then they'll get infected!"

     So persistent... Go away. I slapped her hand. " I don't need your help. I can do things by myself..." Chiyo shook her head. " Thats a lie... Everyone needs a helping hand! There are things that I'm good at but that you aren't good at. For example, I'm better at using magic. I can use my magic but you can't even cast a simple spell." Wait... How does SHE know that? It can't be... She smiled. " Isn't it obvious? I was watching you practice. Everyday at sunrise you practice. I have trouble sleeping so I would just watch you fail at doing that one ice spell. I could help you. But you have to let me help you. I know what you want and why you are pushing me away. You don't want to have connections with the people in this house so you can escape easily." Woah. Who told her this? I didn't tell anyone. Can she read minds? Chiyo continued. " It's a clever idea but it would be easier if you got help. Especially if I was the one helping. I have a reputation. No one would go against my wishes. And I am very strong. You saw what I did to the cat girl that's laying down next to you. She's dead. She's not breathing... Or moving... Dead."

     Dead? Oh my gods. This girl is only 2 years younger than me. How can she be so strong? And should I really get this girl's help? Yes... Huh? NO! This girl is acting suspicious! How does she know about your plans? We can't team up with her when can't even trust her! We can try talking to her. She's stronger than us... You saw what she did to that bully? She is our only hope to escape. Yeah! I should get her help! She's my only hope. I have a mouth. I could use it to ask her questions. I rolled my eyes. " Fine. But if you fail me then I'll toss you away..." Chiyo smiled. " Hooray! However... I have a request. Can we be friends?"