A Christmas Demon

"Stop right there, Krampus!" Tyler shouted, arriving at the quarry with the others in tow. He grounded to a halt a fair distance away and looked around, hoping to find a sign of Adelaide or Shelby, but neither girl was present.

Krampus scoffed as he looked up from his sleigh. "So, you're the Power Rangers, eh?" he asked. "You're the colourful annoyances that my brother talks about constantly."

"Where are our friends?" Riley asked.

"You've been awfully naughty this year, Rangers," Krampus continued, acting as if he hadn't heard Riley. "Destroying innocents, stealing my elves."

"Destroying innocents?" Chase repeated. "He can't be talking about Sledge."

"How would he know?"

"Krampus will be around for as long as there is someone to believe in him," said Kendall. "It's the same as Santa Clause. As long as children believe he is real, then he will be."

"That still doesn't answer my question," said Chase, shaking his head.

"Krampus must've known Sledge long before we destroyed him," said Kendall. "I mean, how else would he know about Vivix?"

Krampus laughed joyfully. "You think it was Sledge that told me about Vivix?" he asked. "You're not the only ones that remember a time where monsters run amok. My brother isn't the only sentinel that can meddle with time, you know?"

He held up an hourglass with fine green sand inside. It was bottom side heavy, which meant he hadn't used it yet.

"Once I overturn this," said Krampus, "time will stop and I'll be able to deliver all my presents in time for tomorrow morning."

"We won't let that happen!" Chase said, clenching his fists.

Krampus chuckled. "Oh, yes, you will," he said, clapping his hands, "And I have another present for you!"

From behind the truck came Shelby.

"Merry Christmas, Rangers!" Shelby sneered, glaring at her teammates.

"Shelby!" Tyler gasped.

"But where's Adelaide?" Philip asked.

Jessie shook his head. "I don't know, mate," he said. "She can't be far."

"ATTACK!" Krampus ordered.

Led by Shelby, the Vivix charged into battle.

"I'll take care of Shelby," said Tyler, catching his girlfriend by the wrists and tugging her out of the throng of fighters.

The two struggled back and forth as Shelby tried to loosen his grip.

"Really? This is his plan?" Riley asked, fending off a couple of Vivix.

"It took him this long to come up with this?" Chase grunted, tossing a Vivix over his shoulder.

"Krampus always was a bad planner!" said Jessie, double-kicking another vivix in the side.

Catching a glimmer of colour, Philip looked up and dived aside just as a Dino Sabre struck the ground at his feet.

"You okay, mate?" Chase asked, helping Philip back to his feet.

Philip nodded and looked around. There was only one other ranger left that could have attacked him.

"There!" said Jessie, pointing to the top of the truck.

Running from the cab of the truck, across the roof and throwing herself off the edge, was Adelaide. She tucked herself into a mid-air roll before landing and rolling across the gravel. She snatched her dino-sabre out of the ground and swung it at the Rangers nearest her.