Problems And Fusion

Lapis sat on the hand of the temple. She sighed as she looked down at Bismuth and Peridot, who were still waiting for Steven and the others to come back. She then heard the warp pad activate. She turned to face it.

A Red Spinel stood on the pad. It wasn't just any other red spinel however.

“PAMA?!” Lapis asked in shock. She got up quickly, hugging him tightly. He hugged back in surprise. “I'm sorry I left! I was thinking irrationally! I just thought about Peridot, and you, and the Crystal Gems as I was on the moon, and I knew I had come back!” she told him hurriedly.

He chuckled. “Lapis, its fine. You just had to be alone for a little while, its ok! Its ok because… I ran off, too…” he mumbled.

Lapis pulled from the hug quickly. “What?! So you just left Peridot alone?” she asked.

“Yes, but I had to… I was becoming corrupted again, and I needed to stray away. So I left suddenly so I would hurt her or Steven.” he told her.

“I thought corruption was irreversible…” she responded.

“Its a long story, that I don't want to explain.” he told her.

She nodded. “Oh… I see…” she mumbled. She sat down onto the hand again. He sat down next to her.

She looked at the sunset in front of her. She was morbidly curious. She knew he was uncomfortable about his disability. She glanced at him.

“Pama…” she began.

“Yes?” he asked.

“What's it like being… corrupted? I understand if you don't want to answer, I'm just so… morbidly curious…” she asked him.

“No no, I'll tell you…” he said, sitting up straight. He sighed. “Corruption… imagine that you are standing in a fair. People and gems around you, laughing and smiling, but not at each other. They're laughing at you. But then, everything begins to disappear. You're being surrounding by pitch black darkness. The voices fade out… but you feel lonely. You feel like you are fading away…” he said as he grabbed his head lightly.

Lapis touched his shoulder. “Pama, snap out of it!!!” she yelled.

He shook his head, shaking himself out of his corruption mindscape. “Sorry, I was getting too into that…” he said.

“I should've never asked you what corruption was like! You could've lost yourself… and it would've been my fault…” she said.

“Lapis, I'm fine… there is nothing to-” he began.

She began to cry softly. “It's just like Malachite all over again…” she mumbled, pulling her knees up to her face.

“Lapis… you're still not over the Malachite thing?” he asked.

“How can I not be over that horrible situation? She wanted to be free, and I just kept punishing her for what she did. I know I hurt her… yet…” she began.

He touched her shoulder. “Lapis. Its in the past… you might as well not dwell on it anymore.” he told her.

Lapis quickly pulled him into a hug. A bright flash of light occured. A new being fluttered down onto the temples hand. It opened its two sets of eyes. It gasped in surprise, looking at its two sets of hands.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn't mean t-to-” a masculine voice came from the being. “No no… its… ok. I'm ok!”a feminine voice responded to the masculine one. “I'M OK!!!” the being shouted, “I'm… uh…” the being began before looking down on the ground below.

Peridot was pointing up at the being, and gasping in delight and a bit of shock. Bismuth looked up, and her eyes widened in shock. The being flew down to the sandy beach in front of them.

“Hey.” the being said simply.

“Who… are you…?” Peridot asked.

“Um… I'm not quite sure what I am…” the being said.

Bismuth chuckled loudly. “A fusion of a spinel and a lapis lazuli makes… I believe an iolite. So you must be a purple iolite!” she said.

“Whoa….” Peridot gasped in awe.

Purple Iolite smiled, and waved her four hands. “Well, hi, I'm Purple Iolite!” she said with a laugh.