Pick up the pieces.

Punk's POV:

I watched them. I didn't want to, but I did. I froze, I couldn't look away and I'm pretty sure Ambrose saw me. My heart ached watching Aj with Dean but what was I suppose to do? I did this to myself. I made the decision to go against everything I believed in. Everything I preached about went down the night I drank that beer then another, and another and so on. I found myself really intoxicated and I hated this feeling. I also hated the fact that they put Aj, MY Aj with that psychopath Ambrose to begin with. All for ratings. This company I swear, it'll be the death of me one day. Just because Aj isn't the most sane out of the divas division and that Dean is psychotic doesn't mean they just HAVE to be a tag team. I was against it. I asked Aj to reconsider but she had her heart set on the plan to regain her divas championship. "Once I bring my baby back home, then I'll figure something out with these mixed division championships," is what she said to me. I figured she knew what she was talking about and had a plan.

I didn't know that plan involved actually becoming close to Ambrose. I found myself getting increasingly jealous. I want Aj to myself and she's my fiancé so I was entitled to it right? But no, that's not what we went down. They started hanging out around everywhere. She would suddenly bring him into every conversation we had. It was almost like she'd been obsessed with her newest tag team partner and it was pissing me off. I confronted her about it at one point and she insisted that this was about business, not pleasure. She would hang out with him because she felt sorry for him. Dean didn't have friends outside of Roman and Seth but what she didn't understand there's a reason for that. Why am I even thinking this now? We've been apart for some time now and it's actually been the best time of my life. I gained my WWE championship, I shaved my head which I've been wanting to do for some time now but she wouldn't let me, I started hanging with Paul Heyman, things are looking up for me on the professional front. My personal life was killing me the most though.

"You have to end that, Phil." I turned around to face the hybrid diva aka Aj's best friend, Kaitlyn. She continued, "Look at those two, he's going to swallow her whole if they don't quit making out like that." I closed my eyes, frustrated,"What do you expect me to do Kaitlyn? She's moved on. I broke her heart." Kaitlyn nodded,"You did. Into a million tiny pieces. But god dammit Phil, pick up the pieces! Dean Ambrose is nothing but trouble. He's the complete opposite of you. He drinks, he smokes, he's got her into that lifestyle now. Aj is headed down the wrong road and as her best friend, I've tried to get her away from him but she won't listen. She's so hurt by you that she's hurting herself by hooking up with Dean." I opened my eyes again gripping my championship in my hands and shrugged,"How am I suppose to control Aj? You know how she is." "Figure it out." Kaitlyn turned and walked away.

Controlling Aj Lee was like pulling teeth. She's stubborn as hell. Telling her what to do? Impossible. However, I knew Kaitlyn was right. If she was going to listen to anyone, it'd probably be me. My thoughts were interrupted by that annoying voice I slept with,"I have a plan if you're up for listening to it." I glared at Summer angrily,"What could you possibly have planned? You've already ruined my life." Summer stepped back but still smiled,"Sweetheart, I've got this. You leave everything to me. I'll have my favorite psycho in my arms and you'll have yours." "Aj isn't psycho!" I yelled and everyone in the hall turned to us. Including Aj and Dean. I looked back at them, at her really, and she looked right through me. Aj quickly grabbed Dean's hand and I shook my head,"Aj." She dragged Dean passed us, ignoring me. I watched them walk away feeling angry and hurt.

Summer placed her hand on my shoulder and leaned whispering in my ear,"You're really tempting when you're angry." I stepped away from her,"You said you had a plan, what is it?" I stared at the floor, defeated. What's the point? I'm not winning Aj back for anything. If Summer did have a plan, it must've been better than whatever I had planned considering I had nothing planned. She took my hand, smirking,"Step inside my office will you?" She led me to her locker room and I've never felt this awful before in my life.

If Aj would just hear me out, I could win her back. I could pick up the pieces.