Realizing

"Lisbon. I got hypnotized!"

Teresa looked at the completely shocked man with her mouth wide open. The first thing she said was "You can get hypnotized?" and Jane rolled his eyes at her. "Obviously yes! This guy who kidnapped me, I can't remember everything but there was a coin. And you know my methods of hypnotizing people very well." The consultant layed down on his boss' couch to think about this whole situation. Lisbon stood up from behind her table, walked around it and crossed her arms before her chest. "Jane.", she started, creating eye contact between them, "What happened in that old store? What did he do to you?" she asked with a soft but strict voice, allowing no excuse. Sighting, Patrick sat up and took a deep breath before starting to talk.

"As I already said, I don't remember everything clearly but I was in town, enjoying a nice cup of tea because you gave me the day off, remember?

Anyways, suddenly there were screams in a street near the café I was sitting in and I got up to see what happened as suddenly a man cried to me to help him so I followed him.

"After that I remember nothing and my memories come back when I already am in this room my kidnapper brought me in. I sat tied on a chair, a cloth in my mouth but I wasn't blindfolded. I can't tell if the room was big or small, because only the part him and me were standing in, was lightened up. I also can't tell you what the man looked like because his face was in the dark but he wore baggy blue jeans, a white-red striped shirt and some sort of trousers on his feet. He was very casual so I guess he is younger than 40 years old. His voice was dark and soft but when he was excited or angry it got this high pitch. That's all I remember."

Jane closed his explanation with a sigh and he closed his eyes to arrange the floating thoughts in his head.

His boss took a deep breath and concluded "So you have no idea who your kidnapper is and what he looks like."

"No I don't. But Lisbon.", he jumped up from the couch and grabbed the small shoulders of his partner and looked deep into her eyes, "I got hypnotized! I have no memories at all of this conversation about weapons you told me about. There's not other explanation!"

Teresa tried her best to ignore the butterflies, that went crazy in her stomach because this eyes were near her and nodded weakly. "I believe you."

***

It was just a few minutes after Jane realising that the method he uses on so many of his suspects was used on him. But he didn't understand why this was even possible. He had a strong mind and it's not easy if not even impossible to hypnotize him. Maybe the man gave him some drugs which made him unable to focus on keeping his head locked to other people.

"The biggest question is, why did he hypnotize me? What was his motive? Why does he kidnap somebody and then just lets his victims go?" he asked into the office of his boss and although he had his eyes closed, Patrick noticed that Teresa got braced.

"You know something!" he said and narrowed his eyes at her. "Tell me!"

Lisbon took a deep breath again and started to explain the situation to her consultant. "There were three more murders just like the one we're working on right now. And every victim who killed itself got kidnapped a few weeks before the murder happened. They all were found with a blue smiley face on their face. Just like you. They all killed somebody who means alot to them before killing themselfes."

The following silence was horrible. Jane's mouth dropped open in shock and Lisbon watched him carefully, willing to catch him if he'd faint. After some minutes that seemed like hours the consultant found his words again and whispered "We need to find this man and make him release the hypnotizing on me. Otherwhise I'll kill you."

-----

So after a long, long time I updated again! I am so sorry that it took me so long but I had some writersblock and a lack of ideas and stress in school. But I try to update more often from now on! What do you think of this chapter? :)

~kathi ♡~