Chapter 15: Friends Fix Each Others' Eyeliner

Rebecca's POV

Monday finally came around and I wasn't ready to stop avoiding Brendon. I was a mess those past two days. I locked myself in my room and cried and cried and cried. I honestly didn't know what to believe. I just kinda hated that it happened. I couldn't have done anything to prevent the situation and I didn't want to be mad at Brendon, but he really did hurt me. I didn't know if I should forgive him because that's not just something you can move on from right away. I was really just confused, frustrated, and hurt. I don't know what Brendon was feeling, but I can't help to think he's angry with me for not forgiving him yet.

It was 4:32am and I was just laying in bed staring at the clock I only had 4 hours of sleep and it wasn't deep sleep. I got up and decided to try on my appearance today. (Seeing how I wasn't gonna sleep.) Just because I was an emotional wreck doesn't mean I had to look like one. I decided to start on my hair. I walked into the bathroom and searched for something different. Purple hair dye caught my eye. I was hesitant to grab it but I did none the less. I was tied of my boring old hair. It was time for a change. I decided I was only going to dip dye it. I bleached the ends of my hair and applied the dye. After I waited like the instructions said. I rinsed my hair. It was almost pastil but brighter. I loved it! After my hair was dry I straightened it.

I did my make up and it turned out way better than usual. Like my eyeliner was sooooo on point. It looked perfect with my bright red lipstick. I wore my black skinny jeans with my black combat boots. I put on a black and red flannel shirt that said "Too Punk Rock For You" on the back. I placed my shades on my head and looked at the time. It was 7:30. So, I had 30 minutes to kill. I decided to jam out to some Green Day because why the hell not? I forgot about everything that was going on with Brendon while I danced around the room.

After my awesome duet with Billy Armstrong, it was time to leave. I grabbed my bag and hopped in the car. On the way I maneuvered a plan to avoid Brendon. (childish I know.) I didn't really come up with anything unfortunately. I guess I'd just have to make it up as I went along.

I walked into the room and noticed he wasn't there yet. Thank God, but I did noticed a guy with dark brown hair almost the same shade as mine. (obviously not my ends.) He wore black skinny jeans, black converse, a Green Day American Idiot shirt and a silver studded belt. He also wore dark eyeliner under his eyes. I liked his style. It was very bold. The seat next to him was empty and I didn't want to partner with Bren, so I took it. He looked at me and flashed a weak smile. "Hey." He started. "Hey, I'm Becca." I smiled while sticking my hand out for him to shake. "Ryan." He said while taking my hand. "Well, umm is it okay if I partner with you today?" I asked. "Sure." He smiled.

I complemented him on his shirt and we went into a very detailed discussion on Green Day. "The drums in Basket Case are just amazing." He said. "I completely agree! That whole album is just amazing." I smiled. "Um, your eyeliner is smudging." I pointed out. "Oh." He tried to wipe it away and only made it worse. I laughed a little. "Here." I said as I brought my finger under his eye to get the makeup off a bit.

At that very moment Brendon walked in. I quickly pulled my hands away from his face and into my lap. Ryan gave me a confused look and then noticed Brendon glaring at him. He leaned over to me. "Why is that guy giving me a dirty look?" He whispered. "He's kinda my boyfriend." I whispered back. "What do you mean kinda?" Ryan said at the same volume. "We're in a fight right now." I stated with a painful feeling, but not noticeable in my voice. "Oh. Okay." He said while giving Brendon a smile and a wave. Which made me giggle at him. Brendon didn't notice my laugh. He continued to glare at Ryan but then turned away.

Class started and it turned out that Ryan was really good at science. Which was awesome because if you don't remember I suck at it. He kept laughing at me because I was so bad, but he helped me out a lot. I actually understood what he was saying. This was probably the first time it was making sense to me and it was great. "See I told you. It's not that hard." He nudged me in the shoulder. "It's just cause you explain it better." I playfully rolled my eyes. "Whatever." He smiled.

"So, What do you like to do for fun?" I asked seeing how we were done with the project. "What do I like to do for fun?" He repeated. "Hmmhmm." I hummed. "Umm. Well, I play guitar..." He said it more as a question than an actual statement. "Really?! You should show me sometime!" I said with a huge ass grin on my face. "Uhhh. I don't know. I'm not that good." He rubbed his neck. "You're probably just saying that." I smiled. "I mean if you wanna watch me I guess." He sent out a little smile. "Aww, you're the bestest!" I hugged him. "No problem." He laughed.

The bell rang and Ryan invited me to sit with him at lunch with his friend Spencer. Which I kindly accepted. I mean I didn't have Brendon to sit with. I kinda felt bad. He was really getting the wrong idea about me and Ryan. It felt like I was taunting him. I didn't mean to. I of course still loved Brendon. I don't think I could ever stop to be honest. I tried to get him out of my head the next few classes. Then, finally lunchtime came.

I made my way down the hall but was pulled into a closet with a hand covering my mouth. I couldn't see a thing, not even my abductor. I had the scariest feeling in my stomach. I tried to scream but my lips were sealed by a hand. "Shhh shh shh." I heard a voice say. Suddenly lights came on and I turned around.

"Why'd you dye your hair purple?" Brendon asked. "Because I felt like it. Is that what you pulled me in here for?" I asked impatiently irritated. "No! No! It's just....it looks hot." He said avoiding eye contact and his checks a little red. He was so freaking adorable, but I was still upset. "Why did you pull me in here?" I asked with the same tone. "I just really think we need to talk." He said nervously. "What? About the fact you cheated on me?" It felt weird saying that because part of me was pissed and the other part just wanted to be held in his arms. His expression became very hurt.

"Um...yeah." You could tell he was fighting back tears. "I don't know Brendon. I honestly don't know. I just...I'm tired. I can't quite move on from this. I can't just forget about it. All I want to do is love you but-" I was cut off by being kissed\pushed into a wall. Part of me was screaming this was so wrong, but I didn't care I sided with the side that said it was so right. I missed this. This was all I wanted the last few days. I felt all my self pride vanish as my lips became more wanting from his contact. Second by second it felt more wrongly right, but then I remembered who touched his lips last. I remembered it wasn't me he loved.

I pulled away and banged my fist against his chest. "Damn it Brendon!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face. "Rebecca!" He yelled as I slammed the closet door behind me. I could hear him kick a couple of buckets but I kept walking while tears continued to drip down my eyes. I wiped off my face a bit and kept walking. Of course that didn't stop my crying though. I heard footsteps in front of me and looked up to see Ryan. He didn't even hesitate to pull me into his arms. I sank my face into his chest while he comforted me with his fingers running through my hair. I let out a few sobs. Once I finally cooled down. I pulled away.

"You have eyeliner smudging." He said. I went to bring my hands up to my face but was stopped by him doing it instead. "Here." He wiped under my eyes with his thumbs. I laughed a bit. "You ready for lunch?" He asked. I nodded and he grabbed my hand and walked me down the hall to the lunch room. I was glad to have Ryan with me. He popped up in my life right when I needed him. I couldn't ask for anything more.

A/N: Wooohooo! Development!!! Yeah Ryan! Yes new characters! haha. Get excited because I have big plans. 😜