until i met you - 505

I wrote this while listening to the first 10 or so minutes of an ambient music thingy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0svuurLibQ). It's just me writing to how the music felt. 

And it was as if the world fell at our feet.

When I looked up at the stars, I saw nothing but you. I saw your eyes, I saw your heart, I saw the way you loved me and held me at night when I needed it most. 

I saw what was truly beautiful.

The sky was once the prettiest thing to me in the world. Nothing could compare to the stars in the night sky, the way the moon seemingly smiled at me and was always there for me. 

I never once thought that anything could compare to the beauty that was the night sky,

Until I saw you.

One day, we were just sitting on the couch, and you turned to me, and you were laughing at something stupid, some random video you found scrolling on Instagram. Your face scrunched up, and I watched you hunch over in laughter. I heard you snort a little, and it made me giggle. Hearing my laugh made you laugh even more, and we ended up in fits of laughter. And then, it was like the world turned to slow motion. 

I looked at you and I felt something that I have never felt before. I felt my stomach drop, my heart stop, and it sent chills down my spine. 

Leigh Daniel Avidan, I fell madly in love with you, and I am still so madly in love with you.

I just remember the night, I looked up at the sky, and I saw the most gorgeous shooting star, with a trail that seemingly went on for miles. The night sky revolved around that star, and every moment that star was in the sky, I cherished it. I wished on it. 

I wished for love, Dan. I wished that one day I would love something as much as I love the sky. And now, I look at you, and I feel the same way I did looking at that star. I feel like I'm wishing for something that everyone dreams of, but no one is lucky enough to find. I look in your eyes, and I don't believe that what I feel is real. I never once believed this type of emotion and love was real.

You changed my entire world.

What was once just a starry night sky has become the way you smile at me when I make an off guard comment. The way you hold up your hands before you sneeze. The way you kiss my lips before I go somewhere without you. The way you hold me at night before we go to bed. The way you pick around certain vegetables in your salad. How you fold clothes. Your curls bouncing up and down as you laugh. How you rub your thumb against mine when we hold hands. 

I never thought so much beauty could live on this earth, until I met you.