Chapter Four

I woke up the following morning, noticing I had accidentally stayed the night. I yawned and stretched, realizing Eve was no longer resting on my lap. I looked around, wondering where she was.

She emerged a few seconds later, with her hair tied in a loose bun. She was carrying two plates, with what I assumed was breakfast. Eve smiled upon noticing I was awake, she walked over to me; handing me a glass of orange juice.

''Thanks for last night'' She said

I smiled awkwardly.

''Breakfast?'' Eve asked

I shook my head, wanting to leave as quickly as possible. I stood up and grabbed my bag that was still by her front door. Eve looked confused as I approached the door.

''We don't have to be in work for another two hours'' She said, checking her phone.

''I...I have to go'' I stammered

I heard her call my name as I shut the door, quickly leaving. I didn't live far, which was convenient as I needed to get out of these clothes and grab a coffee. There was a local place on the way to the BAU, I stopped off there quite often.

Eve's POV:

Reid left, ignoring my calls as he shut the door. I sighed, throwing his food away and sitting down with a glass of orange juice.

 I checked the time again, realizing I had to been in soon. I jumped into the shower, hoping Ryan hadn't left a mark on my face after last night. I wiped away the fog from the mirror and examined my face, which was fine.

Drying my hair, I was contemplating deleting Ryan's number. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts, seeing Reid's name. He had acted so weird this morning, I didn't know whether to call or text or just do nothing.

I quickly got dressed upon noticing I was running short on time. I scrambled to find my keys and bag. I quickly looked through my mail, noticing a book on the table in front of me. I picked it up, knowing it wasn't mine.

I placed it in my bag, wondering if it was Reid's. I ran out the door, messing with my keys again as I approached my car.

Walking in, Reid was already sitting at his  desk doing a crossword. Rossi was sat across from him, writing something. Prentiss walked in behind me, tapping me on the shoulder.

''How're you holding up?'' She asked

''I'm good'' I replied

She smiled and walked over to Morgan who had arrived just before me. I figured Hotch was already in his office.

 ''Reid'' I called 

He looked over and then put his head down, pretending to focus on the crossword he was doing. I walked over,  going in my bag to get the book out.

''I'm super busy right now'' He said, without looking up

''You left this'' I replied, throwing on his desk

I walked off, he grabbed the book and studied it for a few seconds before placing it in the second drawer down on his desk. Hotch stepped out of his office, standing at the top of the stairs as he asked us all to join him.

JJ walked in, carrying the case files. She had already placed them out on the desk, one in front of each chair by the time we reached the room. Reid didn't look at me as he walked into the room, taking the seat furthest away from me.

I didn't hear much of what JJ was saying, she was standing in front of me explaining the case to us. I was trying to act like I understood everything she was saying as she went through the slides, showing us pictures.