Chapter 7: Hell Breaks Out

A/N: "What's this? A chapter several months early? What a shock!" You're probably not saying to yourself.... Anyways, since The Final Season is right around the corner, I decided to give a twice as long chapter. I thank you all for your patience with this story and I'll try to get new chapters out sooner as opposed to later. Now enjoy an extra long chapter.
——————————————————————

"I can't believe I've gotten into this mess. Threatening some stupid kid..." Jane says, leaning against the railing. "And here I thought we were just gonna TALK to the guy." "I was trying to make sure he wasn't gonna come back here again." Jane sighs before walking past Clem. "Go get the others. I'm going to get this place open and then we need to get moved in ASAP." She goes back to messing with the lock. Clem walks to the stairs. "Come on Sarah, let's see how Mike and Bonnie are doing." "Okay." Sarah walks to and down the stairs. "And Jane." Clem says, getting Jane to look at her. "I suggest you don't do anything else that stupid." And with that she leaves the deck.

The two get to the bottom and see Luke walking towards the building. He sees them and calls to them. "Hey Clem! Sarah! Any luck with the observation deck?" Clem walked up to him. "I was just checking on Rebecca and Kenny and they said they hadn't heard from you in a while." "We were helping Jane with opening the gift shop and a stranger showed up." Luke grew angry. "Shit. That's the last thing we need. What happened?" "Jane took his gun, threatened him more than she needed to and scared him off." Luke relaxed after hearing that. "Well, I'm glad your both okay. Is Jane still up there now?" "Yeah. She's trying to get the gift shop opened." "You know, I can't figure her out." He said as he walked past them, but stops. "I mean, she really lays it on the line, but, at the same time, she doesn't she doesn't show you anything that counts. And I'm never quite if she just doesn't like people, or just plain out doesn't like me."

"I'm not sure what to think about her. She's strong, and she's been helping us, but she's cold, and just an idiot sometimes." "Maybe, But nobody's that cold, or stupid. I'm definitely startin' to think we might need to branch out." Clem looks at him. "What do you mean?" "Jane seems like the kind of person who gets tempered by hardship. You know? But, when I look at someone like Kenny now, he just... he seems broken and lost, and broken people tend to get reckless. I know you got a history with him. Look, I think he's a good guy. At least, started out as a good guy. But I just think he's had to take more than he can handle. Sarita getting bit and turning, seeing what happened to you and the affect it's having on you." "You're wrong. Kenny's stronger than anyone, he tries to protect us." "I don't know Clem..."

"And what exactly am I being affected by?" "I used to think that... that maybe, all the horror hadn't gotten to you yet. Even with you losing an eye.... but you murdered Carver. Not just kill him, but... Clem, you lost it." Clem looked down. 'He's right, I lost it on Carver, and almost Troy.' "Maybe I did go too far, I don't know what came over me." Luke smiles at her. "There's still hope for you then." "We need to go tell the others about the deck." Clem says, ignoring Luke's comment. "Yeah. Good. I will uh... I'll see you two back there." Luke says before walking towards the deck stairs.

Clementine starts walking back to the group and Sarah follows behind her. "Sarah...do you still think there's hope for me?" "Of course I do. You survived loosing your eye, you can do anything at this point." Clem smiles. "Thanks."

They get back to hear Rebecca talking to Kenny while leaning on a wall. "I'm not supposed to be in labor yet Kenny. What if something's wrong?" "Nothing's wrong. Babies know how to be born." Rebecca spots Clem. "Clementine!" Kenny looks to Clem and Sarah. "What'd you find?" "The building in the back has an observation deck." "Somewhere the baby will be safe?" Rebecca asks. "It's coming much faster than I thought." "I told you, you're getting worked up over nothing." "It's high up, so it should be safe from walkers." Sounds good, as soon as Mike and Bonnie are back, we'll go."

Things That Are LostOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara