chapter 1

Hanbin

the streets were colder than normal, but nowadays everything was colder and a lot more darker. my scuffed up boot dragged along the rugged pavement of the small town outside the clan lands, my overly long, red flannel and black hoodie combo moved to cover my hands and my arms and the darkness of my black jeans made it merely impossible to notice i was coming. well that and i was just a quiet person. my slick back, brown hair moved slightly as the wind blew against it, the very tip of my nose turning a gentle pink against the bitterness of the weather.

ten o'clock had always been the best time to venture outside of the clan lands and the hunting woods, purely because there were less and less wolves roaming the streets and less vamps looking for people to sink their teeth into but not many of us differed. we loved the taste of fresh human blood, whenever we tasted it a frenzy begun and we just couldn't get enough. but animal blood was similarly beneficial, not many humans would be harmed and we could continue living amongst them unnoticed.

wolves weren't as sneaky. you could pass through an abandoned alleyway and come across a rotting corpse or two, the hearts ripped out and the smallest amount of flesh still attached to the body. but that was the wolves favourite part. it meant they could phase, scare people and then eat effortlessly, not having to be scared of getting caught or ruining their slick fur. they were different; a lot easily fascinating but fairly easy to come across. it was their scent that put them in the books. musk, dirt and wet dog, sometimes-if you were the alpha- you would have the very faint scent of cinnamon laced there.

i shrug my hoodie closer to my body, my arms moving tightly around my mid section as i walk at a brisk pace through the semi-empty streets of seoul. my eyes flick from shop window to shop window, them widening from slight interest before i stop in front of one, odd looking store. a movie store. i scoff quietly, the display dvd being the very own, very overrated movie of twilight giving a completely false image of the vampire kind. a growl rips through my throat and the same pace gets picked up, only brisker and a lot smoother. the posture of my body straight, back never slouched and my dark red eyes never came in contact with anyone's.

but then it was that one noise. that one scream that brought everything to the stopping point. ripped my focus away from the leggy brunette that was slowly making her way over to me, her eyes slightly brown from the angle she had her head lowered at. the alcohol thick in the air as she wobbles and stumbles to a stop the side of me, an arm around my skinny shoulders and her chapped lips next to my ear. i cringe, moving away from her slightly, earning a groan of displeasure. "what do you say? yourself and i at my place for the night?" she whispers softly in my ears, the scream still sounding in the back of my head. gently, i shrug the arm from around my shoulder and shake my head towards her,"i apologise, but this evening i have a different schedule." i politely decline the request, purely not feeling up to anything,"in other words, i'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request." i mumble softly, my eyes creasing as i completely withdraw myself from her body and head down the dimly lit alley way to my right that was clearly well placed.

the scent of alcohol lingered thickly in the air, the piercing scream resounding louder the further into the alley i moved. and then i was brought to a halt.

a very large, very black wolf towered over the body of a seemingly short, red headed girl. the scream filtering from her lungs was blood curdling as the wolf makes no effort to stop his movements against her stomach. her crystal blue eyes flick to my skinny figure, the wolves eyes following suit. a faint whisper of 'help me' rings through the air before the colour drains instantaneously from her face and she dies. a growl was all it took for my eyes to stop lingering over her body and move to the wolf's pressing gaze, his head tilted as he bares his teeth.

it was a mere shrug that sent his to snap his teeth at me, the slight smell of cinnamon evident in the air before i smile. a complete and utter, piss ripping smile,"well well well, alpha, fancy seeing you here." i taunt, my smile never falling.

my arms tighten around my stomach, my head tilted as he returns to human form, the clothes that were once lay on the floor behind his extremely large wolf now being forced onto his body in a fluid motion. he scowls, his unruly eyes raking up and down my body in a discomforting way before a frown sets itself upon his lips, his forehead creasing to accommodate it,"what do you want?" he asks in a very unimpressed tone. his scruffy leather jacket hung well to his body, the black t-shirt under it clung to the toned muscles he was sporting and the black, ripped skinny jeans complimented his ripped thighs and perfectly shaped calf's. all in all, he was an incredibly shaped person, there wasn't a single doubt about it.

i swallow, my boot kicking at the glass covered floor as i shrug,"i fancied the walk about, heard the screaming from her and it brought me here." i say, my voice deprived of its normal bouncy tone and my face gone of its smile,
my eyes falling to the lifeless body that was torn apart and covered in blood before travelling back to the male stood in front of me in all his glory. the wolf nodded, his hands burrowed deep into the pockets of the jeans he was wearing, his eyes glued to the all black converse he had previously pulled on. his lips were in a tight frown, his head raising and the piercing that adorned his left eyebrow caught the dim light of the street light above our heads causing the metal to catch the lighting in a certain way. it shined, the features of his face lighting up enough to pinpoint the faint cut on his full lower lip, the black and purple bruise that was eating away at his right eye and the distinctive look of blood smeared across his right temple. a fight perhaps?

jiwon simply nods, a gruff noise erupting from his throat as his kicks his heal and turns swiftly on the other, moving to make his way out of the alley,"wait!" he freezes, his head turning to look over his left shoulder and his lips pulled into the same menacing smile i was supposed to fear,"don't get lost in the shadow, half blood.." he sneers, my facial expression dragged into a grimace. i growl lowly, my hands clenched into fists at my side as i to turn on my heal,"fuck you, dog." i spit, swiftly making my way out of the alley and back to the street. my worst nightmare, the mark on my wrist. it burnt.

***

i slowly walked up the path of the mansion, my feet dragging along the gravel as i come towards the tall standing oak door. it opens swiftly, a short woman, around 37 in physical age but way over 1000 in vampire age, opens it, my head snapping up and a smile being pushed onto my lips,"he wants a word..." she whispers slowly, my head ducking to a light bow and a nod before i rush inside and up to his office. the rule was to knock three times, wait for permission before entering, which was what i did every time and every time i got brought face to face with my creator. "sit." i did it, my right leg crossed over the other as he turns to face me in his seat.

"the wolf alpha?" taeyang asks, his voice and face void of all the other emotions it normally held. i sigh, my eyes moving to my lap as i nod slowly,"accidental of course. there was a scream..." he cuts me off swiftly, knowing exactly what i was going to say,"and you got intrigued and wanted to know what was going on and he was there, eating someone. you spoke and then left..." he mumbles in attempts of finishing my sentence.

i nod slowly, my hands resting on my thigh,"i didn't mean to.." i mumble quietly. he shakes his head and sighs,"i know that, bin, but no one else does. just keep the random meetings to a minimal and don't go chasing screams."

he was the only person that properly understood me. my eyes find his as i nod, the colour of our iris' were similar, a vampire trait. taeyang dismisses me, causing my to leave as fluidly as my entrance and go to my room, collapsing on my bed in the process. and that night, i strangely dreamt of him.

i thought today would be the only time i met jiwon. but god was i wrong.