Humesha

He nuzzled his nose on her swollen stomach and kissed it tenderly saying 'I missed you baby!' and hugged her baby bump lightly with his one hand on her stomach the other under her, while she lied down on the bed admiring the father-baby bond.

she felt bad that not for once he asked whether she missed him or not. she felt bad that he never said he loves her. Yes! he cared for her, gave her all the rights of a wife but not love. They shared a healthy physical relationship from their wedding night. Basically their marriage was an unexpected one! Manik was not ready for it but because of his parents he married her. They were acquaintance of one other, Nandini had a soft corner for him since childhood he was 8 years older than her.

'did my baby miss me? he asked and put his ear on her stomach and surprisingly the baby kicked understanding it's mother's feelings. Manik's smile grew wider getting response from his baby. Giving his enough love to his baby he moved up, and came face to face with her. He took her lips in his and kissed her roughly. As if quinching all the thirst of not kissing her for three days.

he was on a business trip for three days and missed her so much. He may not say it in words, or hasn't realized it yet. but His actions show it all.

Flashback, Nandini was 3 months pregnant
Manik and his friends were gossiping, when Cabir asked 'Manik don't you love Nandini?'
'Nope! she's just a habit' Manik replied. Nandini heard it when she was going to enter the room with their coffee. She was hurt, his words pricked like needle inside her heart. Composing herself she entered the room and handed their coffee. Manik gestured her to sit beside him, but Nandini left the place saying she has some work.
flashback ends.

Manik got on top of her making sure not to put his weight on her stomach and grabbed her face in his palm and kissed her. kissed her pouring all his care, love or whatever feelings he has for her. Nandini being breathless moved her face away breaking the kiss but Manik didn't leave her instead started to give open mouth kisses on her cheeks.
He rubbed her right cheek with his thumb softly recalling the day when he slapped her just because she spilt a coffee on his important file. He is guilty, till day he couldnot get over with that guilt.

Nandini understood his dilemma seeing him looking deep into her eyes with an unknown emotion still rubbing her cheek. She took his hand in hers and nodded her head in a 'no' telling him not to feel guilty through her eyes. He smiled a little and again took her lips as if telling her sorry for that day. She knows whenever Manik does that with her cheek he's recalling that day.

He moved to her forehead and planted a deep kiss on it, he moved towards her neck and gave love bites on her neck he was going to open the zip of her maxi but controlled himself seeing her condition. He got up saying 'main shower leke aati hoon' went to the washroom.

coming back from the trip he didn't even change and began to love his baby and his wife. Nandini got up and wrapping a shawl around her and went to the terrace to watch the stars. She saw two stars close to one another which she considers as her parents who died some years back. She kept gazing the stars when Manik wrapped his one hand around her chest the other under her belly hiding his face in the crook of her neck and hugging her close. his cold body with water dripping through it sent shivers down her spine. He smelled her hair, his favourite scent. After sometimes they were lying on the bed, Nandini has already fallen asleep because tiredness keeping her head on Manik's chest and Manik held her waist tigtly.

Something struck in his mind, and he immediately searched what woman might feel during delivery. there were written some mothers also die while giving birth, his heart skipped a beat reading this, he immediatetly looked at Nandini who was sleeping peacefully with her alluring beauty, Manik held her closer to him and nuzzled on her head and kissed it, he was scared. He was breathing heavily, he shooed away all the negative thoughts. He hasn't or would ever imagine his life without Nandini, actually he has never thought so deeply, though he doesn't love her but never even thought of leaving her too. He couldn't sleep all the night. He kept caressing her hair and held her closely. He slept unknowingly.