Prologue

"You meant nothing for him!"  Her father told her with his usual cold voice

     "You meant nothing for him!"  Her father told her with his usual cold voice. "Soon he is going to take over the head of his family business and he needs to give his complete attention to it. That allows him no distractions."

     Adelina didn't answer. She didn't have the strength to. Or perhaps did she just lack the courage to speak up?  

     The thing is: she didn't say anything as tears were about to fall and her legs started to get weaker under the growing weight of her pain.

     She had to sit.

     It's impossible... He is lying. She told herself repeatedly, trying to believe it with all of her strength. Trying to shut out the doubt that was starting to creep inside her mind.

     "No matter what, I forbid you to ever see him again."  Her father added, his voice-as if possible-even colder. "I never liked the guy anyway. Don't ever seek him again. Don't try to call him, or contact him. I want you to forget him!  Do you understand me?"

     The knot went down from her throat to her stomach and breathing became more and more difficult.

     "I-I... I can't..." She managed to say with an almost silent voice. Her vision became blurry and her lips were quivering as she tried to hold back her tears.

     "Listen to your father, Adelina, he only wants what's best for you." Her mother finally added, using the soft tone she always used when she tried to convince her.

     That was the drop of water that made the vase overflow, she couldn't bear it anymore and finally, the tear fell.

      That night her world collapsed around her as if she had been washed in ice-cold water. At that moment, she'd understood that she couldn't keep living like that anymore. She would have to keep her mouth shut and submit.  Again.  

     All her life, she never asked anything from her parents. She'd trust them, had followed their instructions and obeyed every word. She had made concessions for her studies, her connections, and friendships...

     And then, one day, she found what she thought she'd never know: Love.  The one with a big L.  And even that, they'd taken it away from her...

Too far.

     Adelina was only 18 back then.  But after that evening, she understood something important. Things would never change. And never would her parents trust her.  Never.  But she decided she would not let things go like that. She'd fight back.
     She would take her life in her own hand.

Author's Note :

Hi there and welcome to Unlove You! 

First of all, I want to thank you for clicking on my story and giving it a chance. This is the first story I've ever completed so it makes me particularly happy and perhaps a bit emotional too, (but that's a secret okay? ;p). 

Here you'll follow Adelina through some highs and lows and hopefully fall in love with her character, her world and all of her friends too. She's been first in my head and then in my heart for so long that I can't wait for others to meet her. Let's hope she'll win your hearts as she did with mine (*cough* and another special one too ;p *cough*).

As mentioned before, this story is already completed, but it's going through some major editing before I'll start posting the chapters, as I'm not happy enough with them to post them now. So here's a little preview hoping I got you hooked for what's to come. ^_^

Hope you liked it! Don't forget to click the little star if you liked it and leave a comment with your thoughts. I'd love to read them! 
What are your expectations for this story so far? Tell me every and I'll answer with gladness!

Stay safe,
Mel.