[III]

Then the 'incident' happened, she took it hard, this made her quit field work much to the dismay of her team and her superiors, but she had made her dicision, it was now six months to this day.
She was now only involved in planning missions and training newbies, and as expected she excelled, being considered one of the best in those fields, plus she actually enjoyed it.
Her serene environment was suddenly broken by an incoming call from her a personal phone, having switched off her work phone before she set foot on the plane here. it was laying under the chair forgotten, only her family and Pete had the number, she dicided to ignore it, they would call back later, but it didn't stop.
In annoyance she almost fell over as she stretched out for it, tipping over the the wine glass, the content ending up on her head.
It was Pete calling, perfect.
"I swear to all that is unholy I will push my fist so far your..." something was wrong, she had been greeted by silence instead of the usual laughter and pardons for mercy.
"Pety what's wrong?" She sat up, forgetting she was drenched in wine. Having worked with Pete since her first assignment they could read each other cues even over the phone.
"Lele it's it's..it's Your parents...they were in france...they all omg," he went silent seeming to collect himself, Alane was now holding her phone in a death grip, waiting for what she knew would destroy her.
"They are all gone all four. They were found this morning, Lane am sorry, lane lane lane!! Are you there?,"
The phone was now next to the broken wine glass on the floor, Alane stood motionles next to the balcony rail her eyes on the horizon. Long trails of the red wine covered her face dripping down her neck, the mess ending up on her chest and back, red stains blemishing the white of her bikini.
She looked like a ghost under the moonlight, a perfect representation of how she felt inside, alone and haunted.
"Baby we are rogues rogues rogues rogues," she belted the last of the lyrics, her voice hollow and cold.