Chapter 3- The Long Haul

Disclaimer: I do not own Transformers, as much as I wish it were true. Amy and Kayla are MINE! :)

On with the show!

Jazz and I had talked the entire way to my home and he allowed me to drive. He told me about how Megatron was the head of the evil forces that wanted to steal Earth's resources so they could rebuild Cybertron, their planet. Oh, and Megatron apparently also thought humans would make great slaves, fancy that. Alien robots taking over the world and taking slaves, cliche much? Jazz also explained his plan to take me with him to his team that was gathering in Mission City, Nevada. Not a terribly long drive compared to what I've done before, but still... it's going to take a good few days.

I learned his leader's name was Optimus, a kind, gentle soul with a love for all living things. He sounds like a great guy, I honestly was excited to meet him. When we were almost home, Jazz informed me he was going to radio his 'Boss bot' and update his status, saying that he might be busy for a bit. It was probably the most silent 10 minutes of my life.

I pulled Jazz into my driveway and set him to park. I gathered my things and smiled "I'll just be a minute Jazz, From what you're telling me, this will be a long drive and I'll need a good book.. and a toothbrush." His response was a quick rev of the engine, I assumed he was still busy so I pat the steering wheel lightly and hopped out.

Once inside I grabbed a medium sized black shoulder bag from my closet with an 'Amy' written in blue across the front. It's my high school athletic bag, to be more precise. I set it down on the bed and started packing. I brought one pair of pants, 5 undies, 3 pairs of socks, 4 assorted tops and bottoms, and two different pairs of shoes. In the right side pocket I stuck in toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, tampons (Just in case) and deodorant. In my hand bag (Which is actually my camera case) I set my iPhone, charger, and sappy romance novel. With my ID card and credit cards in my jean jacket pocket, I was ready to go.

I set my bags by the door and roamed the house checking lights, doors, and appliances to make sure everything was in the right spot and off. I turned on my iPhone and set the timers on my house lights through an app called 'Hue'. I set for the lights to turn on and off throughout the first part of the night and the outside lights to come on a bit earlier than usual.

I was just about to put away my phone when the door to the garage flew open and a very angry, very red, Kayla stomped inside.

"Um..." My eyes widened "Hi Kayla.. sup?" I tried to joke, but her face never hinted at amusement, not once.

"Don't 'Sup' me girlie! I know what you're planning and I don't approve!" She snarled.

I cocked my head as she continued "Your little 'friend' informed me that you are planning on leaving on a trip tonight.. without even telling ME!"

I scratched my head "Who?"

Kayla rolled her eyes "Some dude named Jazz. What kinda name is that anyways?" My heart stopped How had he even gotten her number, and why did he call? That was suppose to be my job handling the story! I don't even know what he said to her in the first place... Oh goodness I can see it now! 'Hey lil lady, I'm a giant alien robot that's stealing your friend for lord knows how long because it's dangerous for her to be anywhere without me!' Classy...

"Um, Kayla," I started as I scratched my head "what, exactly, did he tell you?" Better safe than sorry. Kayla crossed her arms "He told me he was taking you on a surprise Las Vegas trip. That's a bunch of bullshit if I've ever head it!" She threw her hands in the air "We don't even know a Jazz!"

Well, that's better then what I expected.

"Amy?" Another voice called from the door and my eyes widened in surprise. Isn't he suppose to be hiding?! "I-in the kitchen!" I called back.