[ four ]

[ four ]

Mariluz went out to the car where Ricardo was waiting for her, changed in the training uniform she had recieved from the Madrid team. Since she didn't have a car of her own, he would be her ride to practice for the time being. They had also agreed it would save them money and gas. Ricardo cocked his eyebrow in confusion when he saw her. "You know, you can change in the locker room. They'll prbably assign you one today." He informed her.

Scratching the back of her head awkwardly, she replied. "I don't feel comfortable changing in front of everyone."

He chuckled. "Didn't you do that back in Barcelona?"

"Well yes." She replied. "But I knew the guys on the team since I was a child. We all practically grew up together." She explained. Back home in Barcelona, she had been on the woman's team, but had been cut from the squad due to a lack of funding. Her agent had tried to get her a position on a different team, but female soccer wasn't doing its best all over the country. 

When it came to football, people would rather watch a bunch of men on the pitch rather than women.

That was why Mariluz had taken on the bet with Marcela. 

It gave her the chance to play football and to play on a prestigious team, even if it was Real Madrid.

And if things worked out for her, she could even continue pretending to be a boy for longer if she could earn herself a permanent spot on the Merengue squad.

.

.

.

.

Mariluz waited on the pitch for the rest of the team to come outside for training. Mourinho was a few yards off, talking with a young woman Mariluz immediately recognized. She was the same one who was in the picture she saw at Ricardo's house. She approached them and the girl with long blonde hair smiled wide at the sight of the newbie who went by the name of Michael Bartra.

The blonde bit her lip, looking over Madrid's newest member. "Who is this young man?"

Mourinho gestured to the young man who had walked up to them. "This is Michael Bartra, he used to play in Barcelona B but then moved here. Michael, this is Florencia Perez, daughter of our club president."

Florencia offered Mariluz her hand and the girl who was dressed as a boy took it with a polite smile. If the blonde was an important person, then Mariluz wanted to make sure she'd make a good impression. "Oh, its so nice to meet you, Miss Perez." Gazing down at her feet, she saw the blonde was wearing a pair of floral patterned wedges Mariluz had wanted to buy. "Oh my gosh," She gasped, momentarily forgetting she was supposed to be manly. "Those are some lovely shoes." Crap, she thought seconds after she said those words, clearing her throat, the brunette deepened her voice and said, "I mean--nice shoes. They're alright."

From behind Mariluz, she could hear the steps of the other players' cleats on the wet grass as they stepped onto the pitch. They were joined by a familiar voice who spoke in a joyful tone. "Florencia." Ricardo breathed, "What a surprise that you came to visit."

She nodded with a friendly smile. "Yeah, my dad wanted to meet the new member of the team, but he had lunch with some important people so he asked me to take his place."

"Speaking of our newest member," Mourinho began, turning to Mariluz, "Don't think you'll become starter over night because you know people who called in favors for you. You need to work for a spot on this, and you'll begin on second string."

"I understand." Mariluz replied with a nod of her head.

She and Ricardo walked towards the rest of their friends who were gathered together in a small circle. Sergio, Gonzalo and Mesut grinned at the sight of them. But Cristiano seemed to ignore the fact the Bartra was even there. "Its the pussy magnet." Mesut said in his thick German accent, a smile evident on his face.