final.

You sway back and forth, the beautiful man in your arms moving in perfect time with you. You don't even know his name- he doesn't know yours either, and maybe it's better that way.

There's something comforting about spending the night with a stranger. You can forget anything and everything else you've ever known.

Here with him, your bodies moving in sync with each other, like you were meant to be together, you can imagine yourself away from everything you've been trying to escape. Fate isn't real, but somehow, something about this stranger feels like destiny. 

You close your eyes. Absorbing the soft music surrounding you. Enjoying the warmth of his arms and the sweet scent of his cologne. You want this to last forever.

His lips brush the bare side of your neck, and you shiver. This isn't love, but you can feel yourself falling for this perfect stranger second by second. 

You haven't even let go, the song hasn't even ended, but you're already missing him. You're already feeling nostalgic about something that hasn't even come to pass yet, and it's an oddly beautiful feeling.

You open your eyes again, trying to catch a glimpse of the wonderful face that is now ducked towards your shoulder. You drink in everything you can about this moment, the dim lights, the music, the perfect stranger in your arms, and you can't help but to wonder, what if?

What if this doesn't have to end here, what if this can happen again? But deep down, you know. You'll never see him again.

Maybe in some other universe, in some better reality, you end up together. But not this one.

The music ends, the lights turn up, and you find yourself letting go. You don't know exactly why you almost tear up when you separate from him, but before he walks away you realize; you can see it in his eyes.

He feels the same.