02.

algedonic. two.

AMELIA MENDOZA SAT AT HER kitchen table with her arms crossed over her chest. Her mother had been interrogating the girl about her whereabouts from the previous day. She had told her mother that she was going to the masquerade ball the day prior but Amelia didn't return at the time she promised she would be back in. Her mother had been working a shift at the hospital and Amelia's siblings had been covering for the girl but the ruse had been up when Amelia sauntered in the door hours later looking dirty and disheveled.

"Where were you, Amelia? And don't lie to me." Her mother stood across from her with her arms crossed as well. Amelia was a skilled liar and she knew whatever she had said, her mother would believe but the girl was too tired to think of a lie. She wasn't sure why her mother was questioning her, it's not like she cared for Amelia. This only happened when a family member was coming over and she needed to seem like a good parent even though that was far from the truth. She needed to talk about how reckless Amelia was and how she scolded her. She meets the eyes of the siblings who were peaking over the wall trying to see if their sister was in trouble or not. She meets her mother's eyes as she speaks up, "I got kidnapped."

"You what?!" Her mother's hands slam onto the table as Amelia sighs, not fazed at all. "Some ancient vampires took me." She looks at her manicured hands in boredom. She just wanted to shower, eat and sleep.

"Witches don't get involved in vampire business, Amelia. I've told you that already." Her mother had given her many lectures on her choice of friends. Three of the ones closer to her being vampires. "It's not like I asked to be taken." She looks at her mother incredulously. "My friends are vampires, Mom, and I'm not going to stop hanging out with them because of this."

"So how many more times are you going to get kidnapped before you realize that they bring nothing but trouble?" Her siblings slowly moved into the kitchen sensing a heated argument was about to break loose.

"I'm not, Mom! I can handle myself. Stefan, Damon and Caroline aren't the reasons I got kidnapped. Stefan and Damon were the ones who saved us, actually." Her tone getting sharp as her eyes narrow.

"Us?" Her mothers eyes bore into hers. Not daring to break the heated eye contact. Amelia was extremely stubborn and persistent. She wasn't going to stop hanging out with her friends because of what they are. She knew she would be hurt if she lost the people she cared for most just because she couldn't change what or who she was.

"Elena got kidnapped too. But not because of my vampire friends because of the Originals."

Cynthia, Amelia's mom, had widened her eyes comically at the word. Amelia simply ignored it as her phone beeped. She looked down at the message and sighed before pushing herself up out of the chair. "I can handle myself." Is all she says before pushing past her siblings and leaving the room.

Much to her dismay, Amelia had to take a quick shower because her presence was needed at the Boarding house.

When she waltzed into the door her eyes narrowed and she lunged forward only to be held back by Damon. "What the hell is she doing here?!" She hissed as she stared at a nervous Rose who sat on the couch in the Boarding House.

"Just listen to what she has to say."  Damon speaks before releasing her after he was certain she wouldn't make a move to attack Rose again.

"You have five minutes before I rip out your eyes. A full moon is approaching and its making me feel extra murderous." She smiles sweetly before sitting across from Rose and crossing her arms and legs.

—-

Amelia left the Salvatore house and went back to her own after her discussion with Rose and the others. Rose had given the group information about the Originals to prepare them for when they would come. Amelia knew the Originals were real but she didn't know if what Rose was saying about them was true. She burst into her old brother Diego's room to see him laughing with their other brother Romil and three of their other friends.

"Where's your grimoire?" She questions as she begins to rummage through his belongings. "You leave us alone with Aunt Yvette and mom only to come back and ask for my shit?" Diego questions.

"Yes." She replies. "Not just your shit, I need Romil, Melody and Monsé's shit too." She says listing off her other siblings only to be questioned with a 'why?'. "I'll tell you later." She sighs. He had his human friends over and they were completely unaware of the supernatural so she wasn't about to go in depth about the current situation going on.

Amelia mutters a small 'ah' upon finding the spell book and tucks it under her arm and begins to walk out of the room. "Wait!" One is their friends, Isaac, called. She turns to look and him and inwardly sighs knowing it wasn't going to be an appropriate comment.

"You. Me. Date on Friday." He says.

"You. Me. My fist in your face." She replies leaving the boys yelling at her response and at Isaac's failure to ask out Amelia yet again. The majority of her brothers friends have hit on her and tried to go out with her but she denied them all. She had broken up with Tyler not too long ago and she wasn't ready for a new relationship. Plus her brothers friends were human and she refused to get involved with a human. They could get sucked up in this whirlwind of supernatural chaos and Amelia would feel awful if they were harmed because of her selfishness.

She walks out of Diego's room and into Romil's than Melody's and collects their grimoires. Her older sister Monsé was off at college and had taken her grimoire with her so the ones she had were going to have to do. Amelia enters her bedroom and shuts and locks the door. She spreads the grimoires out on her hardwood floor and sits in the middle. Amelia flips through the pages of each spell book trying to find something, anything that would give her a little insight about the Originals. Amelia lets out a deep sigh after coming up with nothing that would help.

Amelia flips her palm over and all of the grimoires slam shut. Amelia flicks her wrist and the chest by the foot of her bed flies open. Amelia takes out seven candles before closing the chest. She pushes all the grimoires away and sets up all the candles in a large circle. Amelia mixes a bunch of herbs together making an incredibly toxic mix and adds a bit of water before downing it. She lays down in the circle before muttering "Incendia." The candles light up and Amelia closes her eyes and begins to chant. She knew what she was doing was risky but she had no other options. Amelia abruptly lets out a loud gasp, stopping her chanting.

Her eyes open but she's not in her bedroom anymore. She sits up and sees she's in the forest that she has ran through on multiple occasions when she had to turn on full moons. There is a blue tint surrounding Amelia and encasing everything around her. "Mija?" She hears. She turns and lets out a shaky breath. "Dad."

He quickly crosses over and places his hands on her shoulders. "What're you doing here? It's not your time yet."

"I needed answers and I can't talk to mom. The Originals are coming for me and I don't know how to stop them."

---

Diego Mendoza lets out a horrified scream upon entering Amelia's room. Her green eyes were completely glazed over, a case of white encompassing them. She was completely still, Diego wasn't sure she was breathing. He tries to run to her side but is thrown back by the boundary surrounding her. Diego waves his hand into a fist and all the candles blow out, the boundary dropping as well. He runs to her and begins to shake her as tears fly down his face. He takes out his phone and calls Stefan, telling him to come over quickly.

The rest of the Mendoza siblings enter Amelia's room after hearing the noise but their hearts drop as Diego turns around with tears streaming down his face with Amelia's head in his lap as she remained completely still. The Salvatore's burst through the door and speed up to Amelia's room; Bonnie, Elena and Caroline in tow.

They stare at Amelia's lifeless body but before any of them could speak Amelia gasps awake shooting up abruptly. Diego lets out a scream due to the fact that she had scared the shit out of him. In a usual situation Amelia would've laughed but it wasn't the time for that.

"I know how to kill Klaus."