Chapter 10: "A Beginning Of A New End!"

6:45 pm

Istanbul (Turkey)

Minahil waited anxiously in the living room for Musa'a arrival. Anxiety was seeping into her veins like a slithering snake, poisoning the thoughts of her mind. She kept making duaa to her Allah and tried to ease the shaking of her leg but it was hard. It had been so long since everything that had taken place in her past and now that it was in front of her once again, Minahil didn't know how to ease her nerves after all those fights.

Mrs.Ahmet stood in the kitchen watching Minahil. Her heart felt heavy seeing the distraught condition of the Muslimah. She loved Minahil with all her heart and knew how strong and resilient the girl was but the heartache that she went through, Mrs.Ahmet never wanted anyone to even go through it.

She sighed and turned the stove off and just as she put out the flame, the sound of the door rang and at once Minahil snapped back to reality, abandoning her worries for the time being.

Halil answered the door and greeted the guest. The two walked in the living room where Mrs. Ahmet was present with Minahil, to ease her nerves a little. Her husband too stood from his chair to greet the male standing before all of them but still, Minahil couldn't bring herself to speak.

She was too nervous and she didn't know how was she supposed to approach this situation, it's been years and so many things had happened between these two.

"Assalam-u-alaikum, (Peace be upon you!)" Musa greeted her. His tone warm but she didn't feel like home like she used to do. There was distance of so many years now between them and she knew that nothing could ever be the same again because her duties lied towards her Lord and His beloved messenger .

There was no friendship among them now. They were just two strangers for each other at this moment.

"Walaikum Assalam, (Unto you be peace)" Minahil replied.

Minahil's eyebrows furrowed when they made eye contact with him and saw the difference in his eye color and she wondered why he decided to change them once again.

She let it slide not wanting to intrude. They sat in the living room and began talking, but it was just a formal chatter since every one knew they can't shy away from the conversation that lingered in the air. Everybody could feel the gravity of the situation.

Halil and Mr. Ahmet soon stood up and took their leave. It was just an excuse to give Minahil and Musa some privacy so they could talk about whatever it was that Musa wanted to say. Mrs. Ahmet remained there seated because Minahil wasn't comfortable enough to talk to him alone. For a moment silence engulfed the room, the two women waiting for Musa to begin talking.

The slight twitch in his upper lip showed his nervousness, something that always happened with him since he was a child and Minahil wanted to smile, seeing that some habits still remained the same, but she held herself back.

"Minahil," He began, his voice was so soft. It was like he was scared to even disclose this to her because he knew that whatever it was that she was going to learn was something that would break her.

"Mien jaanta hoon k tum bohot pareshaan ho magar mera yeh baat tumhe batana bohot zaroori hai. Mujhe maloom hai k hum dono k liye humaray baba bohot eham hain aur humnien unpar humesha fakhar kia hai magar kuch haqeeqatien aesi bhi hain jinse hum anjaan hain,"

(I know that you are very worried but I need to tell you this because it is very important. I am aware that for both of us our dads are our pride, but there are some realities that we aren't aware of.)