III

"Hey, baby." Taehyung's hand finds its way to rest on her back, pulling her closer and closing the gap between them in an instant as he locks lips with her for a good fifteen seconds before pulling back.

Looking dazed, flushed and captivated by the man in front of her, the brunette speaks for the first time and flashes a smile that's only meant for him, "I missed you."

Your fingers almost slips from its hold on the mug containing the steaming tea and you immediately place it back down before it could fall on the floor because of your trembling body. You attempt to comprehend and decipher what is going on in front of your eyes.

Taehyung kissed a girl who you've never seen before and is talking to her right now as they head to the couch to put her luggage down. Could she be his—

"Y/N."

Your thoughts are startled by his voice suddenly articulating your name and you see the two of them standing in front of you. They're hand in hand, looking entranced and inseparable as she mirrors his happiness which makes her glow—it highlights her modelesque features from her hazel eyes, the freckles that surrounded her face to the way she displayed grace and confidence with her body.

"This is my girlfriend, Lily," Taehyung announces, looking at you then back at her. "Meet Y/N, she's my coursemate."

Girlfriend. Were you hearing this right? Taehyung has a girlfriend? Were you misinformed? Did you miss something important last night or the days before that because why didn't you know about this?

"Hi, it's lovely to meet you," Lily extends her hand with a pleasant smile and you shake it lightly.

"Same here," you manage to say with a cordial smile before pulling back and looking at Taehyung, cocking your head. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, Lily here," he begins, simultaneously looking at her with a proud beam before meeting your eyes, "goes to NYU so we're in a long distance." Taehyung winces in confusion, flabbergasted at your reaction because he thinks you know about them or must have at least heard that he has a girlfriend.

It's like you've been knocked out with a powerful jab at the sides of your face that had everything inside you shaking. It's like a button had been switched and there you were, piecing the parts of the puzzle and connecting the dots right from the beginning. You think about why Taehyung was always evasive and private, about why he always seemed to be on his phone.

The first thing you recount is that time when you and Jimin kissed for the first time as a faux couple because Taehyung was about to walk past. He was immersed, you thought, in his phone because there was a high probability that he was texting his girlfriend then. Or that time when you all went clubbing and he sought for a corner to use his phone.

Now it made sense that the person he was probably talking to then was his girlfriend. Right now, you think of yourself as the biggest moron because when you heard him talking in the music room, it wasn't you who he's talking about, it was Lily. He requested the person over the line to look out for her because he wasn't physically there since they are in a long distance and now that you evaluate everything, it did sound offbeat for him to say that and yet you still let yourself be deluded with the fact that he was talking about you.

Hearing footsteps on the stairs, Jimin appeared, humming as the first thing he sees is you, breaking into a smile while greeting, "Good morning, babe."

Seeing him leads you to think about whether he has knowledge about all of this. Taehyung—confusion written all over his face—glances and almost glares at Jimin with brows meeting in the middle, "Did you not tell Y/N about me and Lily?"