9. Family Visits (Part 1)

Chapter 9 - Family Surprise (part 1)

 My brother?

What the hell is my brother doing here? Shouldn't he be across the world for some studies or something? Alright, let me tell you guys about me brother. He's three years older than me and he was supposed to originally be the Alpha of our pack but he gave it up to me because of his mate. This is a reason why I don't favor mates too much. They're the reason why I had to quit my teenage years to hold up the pack. While all of my friends were out partying and having a blast, I was stuck with responsibilities of being an Alpha. At the age of late 15, I had to hold pack meetings, be the leader of any attack that would happen and go to all the events that Alphas are expected to go. This is why I dislike my brother. Other than that, he's pretty cool.

"Why the hell are you here?" I asked as I got off my mate. She whimpered silently and I smirked at her. She looked down, obviously embarrassed that I caught the sound.

 "It's great to see you too, brother," Alexander said cheekily.

 "Whatever Alex. What are you really doing here?" I asked impatiently.

  "Oh, I see. You don't want to talk to your loving brother because you were in the middle of...well, marking this beautiful girl," he said looking at my mate. I growled at him warningly and stepped in front of her protectively. What...just because he's got a mate, doesn't mean my wolf like it when anyone looks at her like that.

"What's your name beautiful?" he asked her taking a step towards her and completely ignoring me.

 "That's none of your business, Alexander," I growled at him. I heard a chuckle from beside me and I noticed that she was finding my behavior quite amusing. I looked at Karen and Conner and I saw that they were trying not to laugh.

 "What's so funny?" I asked as I turned back to Alexander and saw that he was looking the other way. I narrowed my eyes at him and then turned back to Conner.

 "He was making funny faces behind me, wasn't he?" I asked and then shook my head, "I was always the more mature one."

 "And the one that was always the pain in the butt," he muttered and then Karen and my mate giggled. I looked at Karen and raised my eyebrow.

 "Oh, so you think that's funny?" I asked rhetorically as I walked up to her. She saw the mischievous look on my face and started stepping back.

          'Don't let her leave the room' I told Conner. He nodded and stepped casually in front of the door.

  "Now, Hayden...it’s not what it sounds like. I was just...remembering something that...that Gavin told me yesterday," Karen said as she retreated.

 "Oh really?" I asked skeptically as I crossed my arms across my chest. Of all the excuses she could have chosen, she chose that? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

 "Yeah, he...he said something about....umm....about...." she stuttered and then was about to run out the room but Conner blocked her.

 "Conner, you traitor!" she screamed and then hit him playfully. I laughed and grabbed her around her waist and threw her across my shoulder. She continuously thumped my back and told me to put her down. She even threaten that she would let Gavin come and kick my ass but we all know that wasn't gonna happen any time soon.