*Jacob*

"Mom?" I ask coming into kitchen where my mom is cooking dinner, Meatloaf. I sit on a stool by the counter playing with my bracelets, nervous about mine and Darcy's date tonight.

"Yes sweetie?" She asks mixing all the ingredients together, which I have always thought was disgusting. I mean you have to put your hands in raw meat, eggs, and ketchup, that's disgusting.

"Can I take the truck out tonight?" I question twisting my bracelets around my wrist over and over waiting for her answer. I hope she says yes, if she doesn't then I have to rearrange all my plans I have for tonight.

She turns to look at me after washing her hands off in the sink, the smell of green apple soap fills the air. I keep twisting the bracelets around my wrists, please say yes please please please.

"Why?"

"Well uh I sorta have a date tonight." I say a blush creeping up to my cheeks. I've never been the one to talk about dating, sex, and stuff with my parents. I always get embarrassed and stay quiet. It's so awkward.

"With who?" She smiles as I blush. She loves teasing me when I blush, which just makes me blush more.

"Darcy." I say vaguely knowing she probably has forgotten about her, since she quiet. Except when she's around me, she's a bit louder and I love it cause I know she's comfortable with me.

"LaDavee?" she inquires surprising me, my mom isn't good with remembering people especially if they are quiet.

"Evans, her stepdad is the LaDavee." I explain twisting my black bracelet around and around my wrist.

"Matt? No. Mark? Yes that was his name. I remember her, because Mark would only talk about his son, Peter-"

"Percy."

"Right, Percy. Anyways all he would talk about Percy and never Darcy. Never once did he say a thing about her." She shrugs turning back around to put the meatloaf mixings from the bowl to the pan.

I've only met Mark once and I don't like him. He seems so fake, like his eyes are cold but he wears a big grin on his lips.Darcy barely ever speaks of him and when she does it's her saying he wouldn't approve of whatever we were talking about at the moment.

"Yeah, so can I take the truck?" I ask wanting to get off the subject of that douche bag.

"Oh, sure honey." She replies stirring something in a small black pot, I smile and standing up from the wooden stool. I kiss her cheek mumbling a thank you to her.

I run up the stairs, two at a time almost tripping over the third step. I put my hand on the wall to balance myself before I sprint up the rest of the stairs. Once I get into my room, I throw open the door stripping immediately.

I throw on a black button up shirt trying to button it up as fast as I can. I finish and look into the mirror. One side of my shirt is longer then the other and the buttons are in the wrong holes, I look like a fool.

I would laugh at myself if I wasn't in such a hurry, I have twenty minutes to get ready which is less time than it sounds.

"Come on Jake pull yourself together" I mumble to myself as I redo the buttons correctly this time. I slip on a semi dark denim skinny jeans then slide on my grey VANS. I run my fingers through my hair fixing it in my usual style and fix my bracelets. I grab my wallet and phone putting them in my back pocket then sprint out of the room and down the stairs.

I grab a blanket off the back the back of my couch and grab three pillows. I hang the blanket around my neck as I walk towards the door.

""I'm leaving, bye , love you!" I yell into no one in particular. My deep voice travels throughout the house, earning replies from my sisters and mom. I hurry down to the driveway to my Chevy truck. I throw the blankets and pillows in the bed of the truck then hop into the driver's side. I start the truck and drive off.