1; the innocent boy

Katy's P.O.V
"Please welcome you're new fellow students to the school'" the headmaster announced through a tiny little microphone as myself and four other nervous looking students stood facing the rest of the school awkwardly during my first school assembly. Everyone clapped as three boys burst open the back doors, intentionally loudly to make an entrance into the room. The clapping died down when everyone turned to face the late comers, the three were all in denim with blue and white baseball jackets on but one of them stood out to me the most. Ironically he was the innocent looking boy out of the group, he looked like he didn't want to be a part of the scene because his smile was as straight as a line, jaw clenched. I kind of felt bad for him. The other two laughed and high fives each other like being late was a huge achievement. Well what can I say, I'm usually late to everything too - surprisingly I made it to my first day of school on time however, which was an achievement. "Ross, Alex, John I'll see you in my office straight after assembly. Settle down." The headmasters tone had stricken. I couldn't stop looking at the innocent one, I knew their names now but I didn't know which one was which still. I was intrigued, what was his story?
After the assembly I followed the headmaster back to his office where I was told to wait for a student to come and collect me and take me to class. I sat myself down on one the bench outside his door, legs together, tapping my notebook with my pink painted nails. I was nervous, I knew no one. My parents had just decided to move to Los Angeles because 'there's more opportunities for revivals here' so I had to leave my friends and tiny little school in Santa Barbara and transitioned to this one in LA. Already I could tell this was a big change because the school was at least three times the size of my previous one and I knew that meant more students too, I'm not sure how I feel about that. "Uh, Katy?" A voice woke me from my trail of thoughts, "um yes that's me," I spoke quietly, "hi, I'm Shannon." She shook my hand excitedly, "I'm going to be babysitting you for the week!" I wasn't sure on the word babysitting as I'm quite capable of looking after myself but I decided to roll with it. "Okay so this is your timetable, it shows you all of your classes as well as your teach-" her voice trailed off as my attention found the innocent boy again, the three had been sent to the headmasters office I recalled. The two louder ones were laughing about something as he followed them, face still straight, behind. Shannon looked up from the timetable and noticed where my attention was based. "Hey you three! Get your asses over here and meet Katy!" Shannon shouted, again knocking me out of my thoughts. "Hey new girl!" The boy on the left chirped. He was tall, tanned and blonde, with bright blue eyes. "This is Alex." Shannon introduced me as I waved shyly at him. Then she pointed at the boy in the middle, "this is Ross," I noticed he was really tall and had dark brown hair. "Hiya sweet." He said staring at me. I felt a little uncomfortable as I wasn't used to mixing with boys as my Santa Barbara school was an all - girls school. "And this one in John," he looked up off of the ground and smiled ever so slightly, his eyes caught my gaze for a moment and it seemed to last forever. Gosh he was really cute. "Hi John," I spoke pathetically. "Boys. In here now!" The headmaster scolded from inside his office, "see you later girls," Alex spoke before strolling into the room, unbothered. I was obviously still staring at John because Shannon said this, "Hey you, I see where your eyes are leading, they're the jocks. They think they run the school, well Alex and Ross do anyways, John just kind of follows them. He keeps himself to himself. Anyways! Let's get to math before we're late!" I was so intrigued in this boy and I couldn't put my finger on it.
After my first three lessons it was lunch break. I stayed with Shannon, she was so kind and introduced me to her friendship group, the jocks were part of her little gang which made me excited, I got to see John again. "Hey sweeties!" Alex shouted as he reached the benches we were sat around. Shannon got up and left me for a minute as she went to talk to Alex and a couple other girls. I was very aware of how alone I was now, it made me nervous again. I took out my timetable to make myself look busy when I felt someone watching me, I looked up towards the jocks again and saw John watching me. I couldn't let go of the gaze and blushed. I hurriedly gathered my things and started to walk towards the bathroom stalls when i heard "hey," I gasped. John. I didn't turn around I just stopped dead in my tracks, I must look stupid. "Katy was it? Is that your name?" He walked closer and stood in front of me, I still hadn't moved. "Yes, Hi." I said shyly.
"Where are you going?" He asked me.
"Just to the bathroom," I said looking down, trying not to blush again, why was he even speaking to me? "Oh okay, sorry I didn't know if you were upset or something. Was just checking you're okay. So are you okay?" He rambled nervously. I looked up with a slight smile on my face, "yes thank you John, just wanted to use the bathroom." We both grinned as I walked around him to head to the toilets. "So I'll see you around?" He said, then realising he sounded stupid and blushed, looking at his feet. "Yeah, I guess you will," I grinned at him again and he smiled back a full smile. I felt blessed that he smiled for me, he didn't seem to for anyone else that I had noticed.
It was only my first day and I seemed to have a huge, high school crush.