Chapter 23 - Scares at the Nursing Home

REAL STORY

John is a dietary aide at a nursing home for people with Alzheimer's, and they have had some seriously scary encounters while working there. Their job mainly consists of washing dishes, and they're normally standing right next to the dishwasher which makes it difficult to hear what people are saying.
On numerous occasions, they have been by the dishwasher and heard someone talking to them even though they knew no one was nearby.

One night, John went to collect food carts in one of their units, alone. The whole time they were in the unit, they felt like they were being followed. Fearing what they might see, they never turned around. Eventually, they pulled off, pretending to use the bathroom. They waited there for about five minutes before peering into the hallway where they'd just been. There, they saw a patient they recognized. At first, this made them feel better, but soon, they realized that it was a patient who had died 3 days prior in a unit near the kitchen.

John also relayed a second experience they had while washing the dishes on a different day. They asked the person they were washing with if he could go into Unit A and get the food carts. The third person who normally washed with them had already left for the day, leaving John alone.

Suddenly, he heard a voice in their ear. He turned around, but no one was there. He even went into the hallway, but still saw nothing. As he returned to washing the dishes, it happened again. The second time, he realized it was the voice of his great-grandma who passed away seven years ago.

Very spooky.