♠:: Part 2: Sentenced, Eviscerated, Survived

Note: this chapter contains scenes of amputation / disembowelment. Discretion is advised.

CENTRAL 46, inner sanctum

"Well, here we are again..." Aizen said as he stood before the congregation of wise men and judges, "And what punishment do you have for me today, ladies and gentlemen of Central 46?" his features and tone were stained with conceit.

"SILENCE!" barked a new presiding judge, the other still under the care of Squad 4 following the traitor's vicious attack on him two days ago, "You will speak only when asked to do so, you filthy beast! As ever your disrespect knows no bounds!"

The traitor chuckled and cast his gaze around the room, appraising the numbered plaques with a nonchalant eye, before his gaze settled upon the presiding judge. A sentiment playing clearly, provocatively, on his features:

Well? I'm waiting...

"Tch!" the judge clenched his jaw, gnarled hands clutching the desk before him; splinters of wood digging into his nails as he tremlbed with anger, "Aizen Sōsuke, I sentence you to death by disembowelment! You will be quartered and your severed remains placed in Kidō confines!!"

"What a cruel and unusual punishment," Aizen hummed, grinning, "It won't work."

The whole room stiffened, hisses and gasps rippling among the many adjudicators; their words whispered between clenched teeth –– the audacity of this beast! Cut out his tongue first! What a contemptuous creature! All the while, Aizen smiled.

They were so easy to play. Almost too easy.

&& ~ 1 day later

CENTRAL 46, Execution hall

The arrangements were similar to the day before, only this time Central 46 were stood a far greater distance away and behind a protective barrier. The traitor couldn't help but huff with amusement at the sight. The restraints around his ankles, wrists and throat had been doubled; but that really didn't matter –– this stuff was no match for him.

He was led to an altar by an entourage of attendants. They strapped him to it so that his legs and arms were suspended almost like a star and could be easily severed. His gaze drifted to the lithe man who stood before him with a Zanpakutō in his hands, his face masked by a cowl similar to the previous executioner, "I hope your blade is better than the one your fellow executioner used," his jeer was punctuated by a grin.

"... hmph," the swordsman snorted, "You will eat those words, dog."

"I doubt that..."

The congregation were growing restless, he could hear their agitation as they spoke of 'getting on with it' and 'gutting him quickly'. How desperate they were for catharsis; it was pathetic. Aizen watched, amused, as the swordsman unsheathed his blade and set the scabbard down on a slender black plinth. The edge gleamed bright silver despite the gloom of the execution hall.

"Where will your first incision be?" the question was asked with a glancing flicker of curiosity, "My head? That's already proven hopeless. So how about my arms and legs? Can you lop them off before they regrow?" his smile was obscene as he sneered down at the executioner.

"Silence!" the man hissed and swung the blade in six precise strokes. The argent arcs cut off Aizen's arms, legs, head with the final one slicing across his stomach. The limbs hit the floor with a heavy, wet splat; blood pooled around them and poured thickly down the altar from his severed torso, "Quickly!" the swordsman shouted, his face splattered with blood, while he waved at several Kidō users.

They scurried over and began to chant.

Each of the severed body parts was surrounded by golden light and promptly sealed under several layers of Kidō. Then, the attendants hurriedly stored them in a series of jars that had been infused with powerful seals designed to stop their contents from being unleashed.

A heavy hush swept over the hall, all eyes were on the lifeless core that continued to bleed. Its innards hanging out, almost threatening to spill. After a few minutes, a sigh of relief rippled through the crowd: the sentence had been a success, as evidenced by the fact he did not reform before their very eyes and taunt them with his odious words.

Aizen Sōsuke would blight them no more!

The Kidō practitioners took the jars away while the members of Central 46 began to filter out of the hall. Only the presiding judge remained, "Have the torso taken down and handed over to 12th division, hopefully they can find a way to destroy that disgusting thing in its chest."

"Torso?" Aizen's voice rippled through the air, heavy and powerful, "How rude."

"What?!" the presiding judge twirled around to stare in disbelief at the altar –– sure enough, Aizen was hanging there, fully formed, "How....?! Your limbs are sealed away in those jars!!"

"Are they now?" the traitor chuckled, "Why don't you go and ask the Kidō corp to open them up and verify that statement? I assure you, your little boxes are empty... Didn't I tell you? It's impossible to kill me, the Hōgyoku will not permit harm to befall its master."

"That's impossible!" the judge was already backing away, a hand absently curled around his own throat. Aizen smiled dreamily. The judge's eyes bulged as he stared at the creature before him, a mix of horror and anger stained his wizened features, "STOP SMILING YOU ABOMINATION! WE WILL DESTROY YOU!! I SWEAR IT!"

"I shall look forward to your next 'inspired' effort, then."

It had been intensely painful for a few moments: the swordsman had sliced off his legs and arms first, then his head. All the while he was alive and aware. He felt every searing second of his evisceration and yet it paled when compared to the satisfaction he felt as he looked down at the terrified crone.

The smile did not leave Aizen's lips as he was hauled off the altar and returned to his cell.

––end. (of part 2)