so much for staying alive

Sitting at the kitchen island, I eat my pancakes that I just made while waiting for the others to wake up. Ashton still hasn't come out yet but I assume that he's in the shower or something.

"Morning," a deep voice mumbles as he stumbled through the seating area, knocking the quilt of the makeshift sofa in the process.

" G'morning " I reply as I hand Luke his breakfast while he fills a glass with water from the tap.

"Thanks Rebecca," Luke replied while taking a seat across from me, and begins to eat his breakfast with me. Silence surrounds the bus as we munch on our food awkwardly. Most likely sending the tense atmosphere, Luke clears his throat as he reaches into his pocket to grab his phone.

Most likely messaging one of one night stands, hoping there ready for another round, I thought as his fingers begin to tap away at the screen.

Looking around, I don't focus on the current task of chewing on my pancakes, causing me choke as I try to swallow the fluffy deliciousness I called my cooking.

Yeah right, all you did was push them into the toaster, My brain shoots back while I'm busy trying to stay alive.

"Are you okay?" Luke asks as he lifts his head up swiftly, racing round the table to pat my back as I continue to cough.

Way to not seem awkward rebecca!

"Yeah *cough* I'm good, *Cough* all go-"  Suddenly, I  was interrupted by the loud beeps of my phone, indicating I have a message. Heading towards it, I pick up my coffee and take a quick sip to wash down the food.

'He's back'

Panic surges through my veins as I read the text repeatedly in my head. A loud shatter erupts beside me as my cup hits the floor once it dropped from my hand that subconsciously lost its grip. My hands begin to shake, my palms are sweaty as I begin to dial the number of my one an only guardian angel. Sarcasm included.

"What the hell, Mcgarrett!" I yell down the phone,
" how can this happen? What's going on Steve? I swear to god, if you don't explain everything ill get Danny to chop of your balls and serve them on a silver platter!" I hear Luke choke on his water and gulp in the background as he bends over to clear the broken mug, his face pale almost as if he's seen a ghost.

"I- I will Becks, i-"

"Don't call me that!"

" Sorry, sorry," Steve replied, his voice shaking down the line. "I will explain everything if you come down to HQ immediately. It's too dangerous over the phone; you never know who else is listening," he concludes.

" When I come down to HQ? Are you serious?" I chuckle humorlessly as I bend to help Luke as he freezes and stares at me in confusion. "I can't come in, ok. I actually have a life that doesn't revolve around work. Unlike some people." I roll my eyes as I mumble the last part hoping he didn't-

"Heard that," Steve says following with a deep sigh.

"Listen Rebecca you have to come in -" I try to interrupt but he carries on, ignoring my attempt.I
"I don't care if your 'busy', do you want to get killed? Do you want the boys to be in more danger? Huh? You have to come in or else you won't know anything , meaning you probably won't live to see your 18th birthday! " he snaps as he finishes his rant breathlessly.

"More? What do you mean more?" I question , but my only response is silence on the other end. "Steve! What do you mean more-"

"I'll explain when you get down here ." He then hangs up leaving me no room to argue or ask anymore questions.

Do you want the boys to be in anymore danger? Of course I don't, but, what does he mean by more? Are they already in danger? Because of me? I have only spent one night with them though, it doesn't make sense. Now I have to go no matter what, and even if I decided not to her get Chin and Kono to drag me there. Oh the joys of having a stubborn boss!

I sigh as I stand up and head to my suitcase so I can grab some things before I leave. Then I rush towards the door of the bus, Luke still looking at me, his eyes following my every move in shock.

"See ya!" I yell as the slam of the door echoes behind me. So much for staying alive.