Chapter One

Jess's POV

“OMG!  Why do you have to watch these stupid, girly shows of yours all of the time, huh?  It’s freaking annoying!” My highly yappy, aggravating sister, Adrianna, asked in a whiny tone while walking to the TV.  I was in the middle of watching America’s Next Top Model and she had to bump in and stand right in front of the of the TV so I was unable to look anywhere else except for the lower half of her body.

    “Ri!  I have to watch this episode!  Please move out of the way!” I pleaded, waving my hand to left direction, hoping that she will comply with the action.

    “But I have to watch this episode!”  She mimicked me in a high pitched tone and grabbed the remote on the coffee table, then switched the channel to Global News.

    “What was that for?  I never do that to your shows!”  I argued back while smacking my fists down onto the couch with anger.

    “Sis you’re going out with Michael, remember?” Adrianna reminded me.

“Shit!  I forgot everything about Michael and I’s lunch today!” I screamed while putting my hands to my forehead in stress.

Michael is the boyfriend that I have been currently dating for 3 months.  So we’re pretty recent. But he’s cute.

    “It’s...45 past 11,” Adrianna informed as she pulled her white sleeve back, glancing down at her golden watch.

    “Ok, ok, ok, ok, what do I wear?  What do I wear?” I kept asking myself while rushing up the stairs and looking into my closet.  I had no clue of what to do with all this mess. I only had my my blue, loose pants and grey cardigan.  Oh boy! Thank God I have a sister for situations like this!

    “Adrianna!  I don’t have anything in my closet!” I yelled from upstairs, leaning over the railing and waiting for her response.  I could only hear a disappointed sigh and the sound of her getting off of the couch and dropping her mug in the sink.  Her lazy ass took slow steps up the stairs and finally made it to my bedroom.

    “Seriously?” she asked with disgust, “This is all you have?  Where did the rest of your clothes go?”

    “Don’t ask,” I said.

    “I just did…” she pointed out.  We stood there in silence and it soon broke with the sound of her and I’s giggles.

    “You are so annoying!” she stated while trotting over to her bedroom that is adjacent to mine.  Our upstairs part of the house we shared was small but cute. We lived in it together because our mother passed away when I was 17 and Adrianna was 19.  It was a really sad time. I couldn’t stop crying for weeks, but then Adrianna came up with the idea of moving in with each other. When we finally did, it was the happiest days of our lives because we wanted to do it since we were kids.

    Now I recently turned 20 and I still have to borrow my sister’s clothes!

    “Here,” Adrianna said to me while handing out blue, ripped jeans and a frilly, white shirt to go with it.  She gave me a black Michael Kors bag that she always took out with her as a teen.

    “Thanks, sis!” I paid her gratitude and ran out of the door to drive off in my White BMW.  (It belonged to my sister, of course).

...

    I sprinted as fast as I could down the hallway of the Japanese restaurant that Michael booked us in for.  I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I reached the woman standing at the counter, asking if I already had a reservation or if I was waiting to make one.  Her voice was kind of high pitched and irritating...oops.

    “For Michael,” I said to her as I opened up my purse and grabbed my phone.

    “Oh, yes!  Over at table 19,” she informed me with her still irritating voice, pointing over to Michael who was sitting near the window, looking over a great view of the city.  He wasn’t bad at deciding on places for dates; that’s for sure…

    As I walked closer to him, he became familiar with my shadow and looked from his phone to me.  His eyes widened at the sight of my outfit.

    “Is this Jess?” he teased with his gorgeous smile.

    “Oh well, I decided to dress differently this evening,” I lied, giving him a friendly smile back while he stared deeply into my eyes as I sat down.