(2) tears in the rain

NOV 6 2038, 1:56 AM

NOV 6 2038, 1:56 AM

When Connor returned home from meeting Lieutenant Anderson and interrogating the deviant responsible for the murder of Carlos Ortiz, he was notified at the notable absence of his AD200 partner.

For the past few months, they'd become rather close. Well, close enough for two non-deviant androids. Fond was probably a better word to use to describe Connor's feelings towards her. Although, he continued to insist to Amanda that he felt indifferent.

The truth was, he loved having her near. Not that he'd say that to himself, but it was nice having someone he could talk to without being treated as an object. It wasn't as if Connor was complaining though, he was just an android.
He'd been sent back to the apartment after the some what successful interrogation, he was set to return the next morning the next morning. Of course, Connor didn't technically need sleep - his internal battery was designed to keep him running for well over 100 years, but he wasn't allowed to stay on site overnight and he didn't want to make his human peers feel uncomfortable from his presence so he left.

The first time Connor returned home to find that Joi was gone, a panic surged within him. He frantically scanned the apartment but found no signs of struggle or breaking and entering. He'd decided to search the building, if Cyberlife found out that one of their most advanced unreleased androids had gone missing then it wouldn't be good news whatsoever. Luckily enough, Connor found her. Tonight, like all the nights before, she was on the roof of the apartment. It was raining, a common trait for early winter weather but some how for Joi felt like a new experience.

She was standing exposed to the fresh rain as usual, head up to the sky with her eyes closed. The cold droplets fell and yet Joi didn't flinch, her LED stuck in a perpetual state of yellow. A soft smile lay upon her face, a feeling that would usually be uncomfortable to humans was perfect for her.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, moments like this made her feel more alive.

Unlike the first occurrence, where Connor arrived at the rooftop in a rush, he was now nonchalantly leaning against the doorway inspecting the brunette.

"Isn't it wonderful?" She questioned as soon as she recognised his presence. He remained unmoving, his eyes fixed onto her small frame.
"It's rain." His reply was rather curt, but she appreciated it. It was just his way of interacting. He wasn't built to be the most cheerful person, so why should Joi expect him to be?

"Yes, but it's so...beautiful," Her hands reached out as she slowly spun, taking in the natural splendor.
"I could just stay here forever."

SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ^

She finally opened her eyes and reached out a hand, indicating for Connor to take it. He inspected it, hesitating on participating in behaviour that could be deemed deviant-like.