Chapter 7: Reunited

You had no idea how much time passed, it felt like hours playing with the Quartzes. Playing games like tag and hide and seek was wearing you out, but you loved it. They were such a delight to be around. You were starting to wind down, getting a bit tired. Chip was carrying you back to the bunkers, where everyone else was hanging out. Chip sat down on the floor, keeping you in her lap. You sat up and she put her arms around you, cuddling you close. "Comfortable?" You nod at her, resting your head on her shoulder.

A couple of Amethysts gathered around you and Chip, talking amongst themselves as well as complimenting you. You blush at the attention you were receiving, looking at the gems gathering in a group. Chip then carried you over to another Amethyst. You called her Sharky because of her shark-like teeth. All of the gems did have names, but they were all complicated numbers, so you gave them all nicknames. Curly, Pinky, Violet, Snowball, Spike, fireball, and of course, Skinny.

They were all passing you around, each Amethyst and Jasper getting a turn to cuddle with you. They were soft and cuddly and warm, it just made you relax more. Occasionally they would plant a kiss on your forehead or cheek, as a sign of affection. You spotted Carnelian in the crowd, walking towards you. You reach your arms out of towards her, asking her to join the cuddle party. Her cheeks flushed a little as she walked over to you, hugging you as you put your arms around her. You found her the easiest to cuddle because she was just your size.

You started talking amongst them, telling them about life on Earth and how you met Blue Diamond. "So I guess it was fate, how we met." One Amethyst patted you on the head. "That's adorable, I guess she must have liked you enough not to throw you into the zoo." You blush a little bit. "Yeah, She is very kind, she's depressed sometimes though.." You comment as Skinny made her way to your side. "Because of Pink Diamond?" You nod. "She talks about her a lot."

"Well, She was our original Diamond until the tragedy." Skinny sat beside you. "If it wasn't for Blue, we could have been left to rot." Skinny leaned her face into her hand, like she was tense. You reach over and touch her shoulder. "Skinny, you have Blue to care for you now, don't you?" Skinny just sighed. "She doesn't care about us." You were taken aback by her statement. "E-excuse me?" Another Jasper approached you, you called her fireball because of the unusual red patterns. "Blue saw us as common Quartzes, no better than any other gem." You were a little confused. "But she took you in..." Skinny burst out, almost shouting, her hand clutched into a fist . "Only because we reminded Blue of her!" You jump, you had never seen Skinny like this before, usually she was so chill. "And that planet of yours...Just a floating rock of memories."

You started to have doubts. Was it true? Did Blue care for the Quartzes because of Pink? Did she only care for the zoo because of her? And what about you? You sit up, standing up. "I need to walk for a bit." The gems were silent, watching you leave. Carnelian stood up, wanting to follow you, but Skinny stopped her. "Leave them alone, I think they need it."

You walk through the halls of the zoo, head hanging down as you were lost in thought. Did Blue really love you? Only because of her? You had your head hung down, not looking where you were going. You bumped into someone, ending up falling backwards. You hadn't realized you were crying until you felt your vision turn blurry, and when you blinked, it trickled down your cheeks.

"Can't you watch where you're going?" You recognized the voice and looked up. It was Holly Blue, irritated as ever. "Sorry, I got lost in thought." You stood up, brushing yourself off, while Holly groaned in annoyance. "Humans, so simple-minded." She started to walk away until you tug the end of her cape. "Um, Holly?" She turned around to face you, crossing her arms in annoyance. "What?"

"What do you think of your Diamond?" Soon as you asked her that, her expression changed instantly, beaming brightly. "Oh, my Diamond is only the best!  The most merciful and giving gem in the entire galaxy! This facility could have been left to rot, but thanks to Blue Diamond and her trusted Agate, that's me, this place has been managed since the dawn of Era 2." She then started to ramble about how perfect she was, and the things that she did. It was starting to bore you. "And that's why she won't destroy those Rose Quartzes! Although we could do better without those Earth scum..."