The Magical Swing

After half an hour of aimless walking on the streets; which had now started to fill up with cars, bikes and all sorts of vehicles, driven by people eager to return home to their families to be hugged and embraced in love, comfort and luxury of their homes; I entered an almost deserted park; the only sign of life being a few kids laughing and running at a distance. I felt it's presence before I saw it. A lone swing hanging off a rusted iron rod, the edges of the seat frayed and the metal strings tired from supporting the weight of the people swinging, for so long. I don't know why but even in that dilapidated condition, it lured me. I gave into the temptation and walked up to it. It resembled the memories from those stressless childhood days, which were faded yet glorious.
                  I made myself comfortable on the droopy seat and gave it a push. A Swing in, and I already felt better as if some weight which had been on my shoulders for a little too long had finally been blown away by the pressure of the wind. As I swung, the air  rushed at me, making my hair and the shawl draped over my shoulders fly behind me like a cape. I closed my eyes and let myself be swayed away by the swing to an unknown horizon. The feeling of relief washed over me and in that moment, maybe for just a few seconds, I forgot everything that had ever tied me to the ground.  I coursed through the air like a free bird. For those few moments, I did not have to worry about my past or my future. For once the present was enough. And in that exhilarating moment of freedom, a normal swing in the city park indeed seemed magical.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Please don't forget to vote and comment!