Chapter 2

The alarm went off at 04:30 and I honestly just wanted to die. I dragged myself out of bed and jumped in the shower, yawning. I got dressed in dark grey jeans with holes on my knees along with a red silky crop-top. I also packed down a hoodie in my carry-on bag along with chewing gum, headphones, my laptop and chargers.

I went down stairs, both my mother and brother were sitting there, she didn't say anything or even look at me. My brother on the other hand, helped me with my bags out to the cab. We said goodbye and I jumped in the cab. I took out my phone and texted Anton that I was on my way to the airport.

After getting through the security at the airport, I went to a small shop which sells a little of everything. I decided to get a small piece of pan pizza with pepperoni, a bottle of cola zero, a small bag of chips and a bar of chocolate.

As I sat outside of the gate waiting for boarding the fear of flying, especially alone, started to creep in. I had flown without my parents many times but often there were other people I knew with me. I started to panic a little bit, why? you may ask yourselves, I do not know. It was just starting to kick in thet I would be flying alone and I would have no one there for the turbulence that terrifies me.

I took out my phone to see that Anton had texted me:

Have a nice trip. I know you are scared of flying but you have done it so many times, it won't be a problem. Text me when you have landed, talk to you tonight. Love you.

It warmed my heart seeing what he had written but I still wondered why he was awake this early. The text helped me calm down or atleast I forced myself to try and calm down.

I boarded the plane at 07:45 and after I had found my seat and we were up in the air, a flight attendant came up to me.

- Hi! My name is Aria, the flight attendant said. She looked to be my sister's age.

- Hi, do I know you? I asked, feeling like I had seen her before.

- Yeah, I'm one of your sister's friends, but it was a while ago since we last saw each other, She explained.

- Ah, how do you know my sister? I asked.

- We went to the same high school and we were pretty good friends. She texted me asking if I was working today on this flight since your brother had texted your sister telling her, your mother was sending you away early and on your own. She explained you are a bit scared to fly, so if there is anything I can do you tell me hun, Aria said and gave me a polite smile.

- I thought I recognised you. And thank you I'll let you know, I said and she went of to do some other stuff.

Aria came back a few times during the flight when she had some time and we talked a bit about everything. It felt nice to have someone to distract me from the turbulence.

Somewhere along the way I fell asleep and was woken up by Aria.

- Sorry to wake you. I just wanted to tell you that we are landing in 10 minutes and also if you want something of the trolley, she said.

- I think I'm good. I still have my cola and a chocolate bar, I said.

-Okay. I don't think I will be able to come back before we land so in case we don't see each other, I just wanna say goodbye and I hope you have a nice trip, She said.

- Thank you and I really appreciate you coming to check on me, I said.

I stepped off the plane and made my way towards the conveyor belt to look for my bag before I got on a cab to catch the ferry out to the little Island where Pin's dad would pick me up so I could surprise Pin. I was a bit nervous about that part. We hadn't really kept the best contact since I moved from there and what if he doesn't recognize me or what if he is not even happy to see me. I felt me starting to overthink the whole thing so I started focusing on finding my bag.

The bags came and went and then there were none left. I went over to talk to the workers to see if they could find my bag.

- Excuse me, I asked calmly even though I felt panic rising inside of me.

- Yes, How can I help you? The worker asked me.

- My bag is gone. It wasn't on the conveyor belt, I explained and gave them my small paper with the information about the bag. He scanned it and then looked up at me.