Chapter 4

A/N: I know the last one was kind of a filler. Hope you like this! :)

Mike, Lucas and Dustin stood in the basement of Mike's house. It had been a whole day since they had found that Will was missing.

"Okay but what can we do that the police and search parties already didn't? I mean lets face facts, they're better equipped to find him than we are", said Dustin.

"I agree, but there's something we know that they don't", said Mike.

"Yeah? What's that?" asked Lucas.

"Will always took the shortcut through the woods when he went back home from my house. They must have assumed that he took the straight way home. If we follow the shortcut maybe we'll find a clue. And I've always told you, there's something in those woods, something that's not normal." Mike explained.

"You and your fascination with the woods, Mike! C'mon be serious about this!" Lucas chastised him. Mike frowned and opened his mouth to rebuke-

"Lucas, he does have a point. Will does take a shortcut, every damn time. Maybe we should go take a look", Dustin said, trying to be the mediator. Lucas nodded.

"It's settled then. We're going to the woods tonight."

***************************************************************************

"This doesn't seem like such a good idea now", Dustin said in a scared voice.

"Dustin, SHUT UP!" Lucas and Mike chorused.

They boys were walking their bikes through the woods behind Will's house looking for clues. They had skimmed the boundary of the woods and entered deeper inside. It was dark and the atmosphere was a little spooky.

"What if we get lost here? Nobody would find us for days! We're gonna die of starvation! I don't wanna die guys-"

"Dustin I swear to god if you speak one more time-"

"Guys! Guys shut up! Do you see that?" Mike said, pointing at a distance.

Lucas and Dustin stopped bickering and looked in front of them where Mike was pointing.

There was a faint glow emanating from behind a thicket of bushes. It made them stop on their tracks.

"Do you think someone just left a torch behind the bushes or is there anyone there?" Dustin whispered to Lucas. "Who would leave a torch so deep in the forest!?" Lucas whispered back to Dustin.

But Mike could hardly hear the two of them. He felt like something was drawing him towards whatever was behind the bushes. The glow radiating, tugged at his memories, searching and searching for something familiar.

"Mike where are you going? Wait!" Mike heard them trying to stop him, but his feet seemed to have a mind of their own.

When he reached the bushes and peered over them, he saw the one person he had never expected to see again.

She was sitting with her head on her knees, arms wrapped around them. Her wild chocolate curls seemed wilder and spilled down her back. The flowers on the flower crown nestled into her curls were half dead. The skirt of her golden dress was caked with mud. Her arms were filled with scratches as if she'd been in a fight recently. She was glowing, but her glow seemed to be fading every minute.

He didn't know how he knew it was her, but he knew she was.....

"El"

***************************************************************************