Chapter 1

It was exactly midnight in the city of Los Angeles. The roads were still busy even though it was the time for most to sleep.

A guard was simply wondering the halls of the building he was supposed to watch over. But he lost his job the moment a knife slit his throat from a figure in the dark.

The figure was now more visible as he entered a lit area thanks fo an open window letting in some light from the busy streets outside. It was apparently the first soldier "delta, are you all in position?" The soldier asked.

"Copy that, your trip to the roof has been set up, over." The second soldier replied throwing a rope down to the side of the building. "I'm in the security room shutting down all automated systems, you're clear to proceed." The third answered while typing on a keyboard.

The first one looked up to a security camera hoping the third was looking through it giving a thumbs up before proceeding with the mission.

After a few minutes of walking and clearing corners the first soldier reached what seemed like the owner of the buildings office. "Jackpot." Muttered the operator as he walked over to a laptop and started hacking into it. "Delta actual upload has started are you receiving the files?" Asked the soldier through his comms.

"We read you loud and clear and are receiving the files, you'll need to hold out there for 5 minutes before the upload completes though, over." Delta actual stated

"Copy that delta actual, Beckham out," the soldier now revealing his name to be Beckham replied before looking out the huge windows towards the busy streets of Los Angeles.

"Hey guys how much do you think it will cost for a house here? Or an apartment maybe." Beckham Asked

"Umm considering our pay grade? I'd say that you won't be able to afford anything expensive here." The second soldier joked

"Shut up Jax, we aren't regular soldiers remember? We get crazy pay for our crazy missions." The third said revealing the second's name to be Jax.

Beckham merely chuckled before hearing some footsteps outside "Jax, Ramirez pipe down I hear noises outside." Beckham ordered his team before  he hid behind the table as two guards entered.

"Hey you heard a sound coming in here?" The first guard asked. "Yeah definitely I heard some footsteps and some mumbling." The second Said eagerly.

The first guard sighed pulling out a flashlight checking the office out but that ended quickly as a suppressed shot pierced the back of his skull. "OH SHIT!" The second Said looking back at the shooter, who was Ramirez, aiming his pistol at him but that ended quickly too as beckham got out o his hiding space shooting the second guard dead with a suppressed shot.

"Nice timing." Beckham Said walking to Ramirez and giving him a high five. "Yeah, so how long til the upload finishes?" Ramirez asked

"It's already finished." A female Said through the comms.

"What the? That voice... wait moira?" Beckham Asked shocked.

"You seem surprised to hear from me, you miss me or something?" Moira asked through the comms.

"No I just didn't think you'd be back at base too early." Beckham Said walking to the laptop and turning it off. "Call in our ride and tell them to pick us up on the roof in 5 mikes." Beckham Said opening a window as the rope Jax threw was lowered to them. The two soldiers hooked on to the rope before ascending to the roof.

"They've already gotten word and will be there at exactly 5 mikes just like you asked." Moira Said before shutting off comms.

The two operators reach the roof and were greeted by Jax "good thing nothing went wrong with this mission." He chuckled.

Beckham and Ramirez both groan at what Jax just said "you just had to jinx us huh?"

Jax shrugged before packing up the rope and setting it on his back as a helicopter soon arrived and picked them up.

The three soldiers entered and got comfy in the seats before the helicopter ascended to the air and flew off.