Hi, this is my life ~Jamie

Monday, also known as school day also known as high school also known as hell!

My names Jamie Terrence, I live in Healdsburg, California with my parents, my younger sister Karen, and older brother Brice. Karen is ten and she's the perfect little princess who can do no wrong (actually she's a brat) and Brice is seventeen and he's the absolute worst! In some ways he's worse then the bullies at school, because I can't run from him.

My parents blame me for everything (probably because I was a slight trouble maker when I was like ten) I try to explain the truth, but they refused to hear.

My mother's name is Ellie, she's actually pretty great, she yells a lot but she means well (sometimes she even tries to be a mother to my friend) she gets mad easily and Karen is her favorite. She sees Brice as a hero and me...well I exist too. At least she still loves me...I guess.

My fathers name is Gordon, He hates me, He isn't home much and he doesn't really talk to my brother or sister and he will occasionally talk to me. He's homophobic...no he just hates people who aren't like him in general.

I have simple pleasures. Broadway is everything! Although I'm too poor to go...guess I'll have to watch bootleg on YouTube.

Dear even Hanson, heathers, be more chill, 21 chump street, in the heights, and especially Hamilton. They inspire me more then anything, when I listen to the soundtrack (In order of course! I'm not a monster) I feel like all my problems slowly disappear and everything is beautiful again.

"Hey loser, turn off that girly music and get your ass down here!" That's my best friend Derek. He's...challenging.

"I'll be there in a minute jackass!"I yell. I run downstairs to meet up with him, he's the only reason I go to school or even live. We've known each other since we were thirteen, we take care of each other.

"Derek have some oatmeal"My mom said.

"No thank you miss Terrance"Derek said.

"I wasn't asking"She said. Derek looked a thing me and I attempted to save him "Hey mom we really have to go or we'll be late"I said.

Mom sighed "Fine, at least take a granola"She said handing us each a granola bar.

"Thanks"I said, we left as soon as we could and just threw them away on the way out.

"I wish your mom would stop smothering me"Derek said.

"If you'd take care of yourself better she wouldn't"I laughed.

"What? I take good care of myself"He said obviously lying.

"Dude, you're way too skinny for your age, you work obsessively and you barley sleep at night you know you can't rely on Coffee  right?"I asked, he laughed only because I'm right. He was more anxious and depressed then me but I lose my temper a lot less. He talks to people with no shame, he's so cool. I would die to be with him...I mean be like him.

Yeah, also I'm gay, Derek is the only one who knows. He supports me, I asked him about his sexuality he claimed it was "Personal" and "personality" I think he's Bi. He flirts with everyone. Even guys.

Derek loved school, but he hated people. That's why he needs me. I love being out of the house and away from my parents but I hate school, that's why I need him.

As weird as this sounds, I am less anxious then Derek at heart, but he handled it better then I do, I get massive panic attacks and sometimes I even cut myself but he convinces me not to sometimes, he's just incredible (No homo) he's my best friend and that's all you need to know. Derek is a pain in the ass, he's a smartass, jerk, demon, sweet, caring, hurt and broken smol bean and if someone tried to hurt him I'd kill them! Geez I need Therapy.

We walked to class (we only had 3 together history, math and lunch) which are the best ones to have because he'll let me cheat off him sometimes. He's a lot smarter than me but he can't afford college, isn't that just the way?

"Derek what's the answer to number four?"I whisper, "Derek?" He was staring at someone.

Helen rose, Derek's crush. She's a solid book warm with a heart of gold. She's always trying to get people to donate or volunteer for random charity's on weekends.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer"I whispered.

"Shut up"He said.

"Admit you like her"I whisper.

"No! Get your work done and mind your own business"He whispered harshly.

"Guys chill!"Simon keel jones, biggest nerd in class and second biggest asshole, first being Derek and second being Harley. Harley has been a bully to me since freshman year. Derek helps me stand up to him sometimes, when he's physically able.

Robin is helens sister and She's just as (maybe smarter) then Derek himself.

Mr caster is our history teacher and he's almost like a father figure to Derek and I, except Derek is like Alexander Hamilton and throws a tantrum whrn people try to help him. How dare they.

As long as Derek lives, I do. We're different but we need each other to survive this hell we call high school.