4

The curtains and blinds are installed in Audrey's apartment, the room was a delightful sight. Neatly arranged after redecorating to fit a more mature look. The many thick books and collection of small figurines bindings lining a mahogany shelf made a nice touch.

Freezing on the spot as her insides churn. It takes a moment to realize that although the moonlight strikes something below the window.

He can actually see her.

Of course he can! Even though she can’t see him looking at her, She can certainly feel his gaze drilling into her deer-like form.

He saw her sitting in the room every single day for the past week. He saw her walking around her room at night before drawing the curtains, switching the light off and heading to bed. He knew all along and he didn’t make a sound.

Audrey could feel her palms grow clammy, goosebumps lining her exposed arms. What is happening? Why is he…staring at me?

He starts, smile growing to stretch over his unique features, a devious glint brewing in the center of his pupils underneath his bucket hat.
He seemed to be pointing at something...he was counting.
Her stomach drops when his gaze diverts, turning towards the number on the apartment door.

Quickly shutting the curtains Audrey raced to bed. Wrapping her body in a cocoon with covers, ducking her head inside. Her eyes squeezed shut as she tried to sleep. Feeling like a  child again afraid of the boogeyman. A small tear streamed from her eye she wiggled to find a comfy spot.

He still stood there looking upward, he was so close he could almost smell her.

"love is nothing stronger"

He flinched as a sting of pain rushed through his body. Blood trickling from  his palm.

"Than a boy with love"
He opened his hand to reveal the knife he gripped in his hand.

He turns away walking down the street humming in the rain.